/ Sign-up
Your question

how to change ESN of CDMA phone?

  • Phones
  • Programming
Last response: in Technologies
August 19, 2004 1:07:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cdma,alt.cellular,,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

i would like to change my cdma mobile phone but retain the same no.,
but the telecom service provider co. is not allowing to do so.
Can i change the ESN of new CDMA phone which i wish to buy and then
store the present cell no. in it with NAM programming.
I hope u get it.

I mean at present i m using Motorola C210 CDMA..
I want to use new CDMA phone with same cell no.

Can i replace the ESN of New CDMA Phone with that of old CDMA phone,
and then store the Cell No. in it with Nam Programming.

Is it possible..?? how can i do it..any softwares, or sites..links
which can help..

pls reply..with details
thanks n rgds..

Inder Pal

More about : change esn cdma phone

October 13, 2009 6:47:57 PM


I am sure it is possible if you are using the same service. I have changed 4 cdma handsets and retained the same number.

It strange why you have to make so much complicated things.

All you need is a phone without any number assigned to it.

If a number is assigned to it move it to a cdma sim card then reassign your orginal number to the new phone.

September 2, 2010 3:41:37 AM

How did you do it 'electornic'? Some of us need instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

I bought a new phone to use on US Cellular and I'd like to move the number/service from my old phone to my new one myself. The new phone is clean and I verified w/ US Cellular that the EIN is theirs and compatible.

The new one has wifi and a better camera, but I don't want to use or pay for any other services besides my normal contract. I want the wifi for at home and hot spots and the camera/video for work, and of course normal phone usage. I cannot justify paying another $30 a month on top of the $45/mo for services I don't need or want just because I want a nice phone.

Please post instructions. Thanks.