New Built PC - Can not connect to internet

mayron4077

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Hi,

I've just Built a new PC and everything works except I can not connect to the internet even with my Ethernet Cable connected and thats connected to the Router which use to work on my old PC. It comes up with:

"Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter" when I troubleshoot it.

Is this to do with a cable I wired wrong or is it just a simple software issue? Please help.

Thank you.

You need to install the driver for the ethernet controller. If the RJ-45 jack is on your motherboard, go to the motherboard manufacturer's Support website for your model motherboard, download and install the driver for your operating system

mayron4077

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Do I need the internet to download a driver off their website though? Or do i use the disk I got with my motherboard? Either way I will have to do it tomorrow now. Thank you for the advice.

D

Deleted member 217926

Did you install the drivers that came on a CD that should have been in the box with the motherboard?

Install those first then get the newest drivers from the manufacturers website.

The disk that came with the mobo may or may not have it. Its always a better idea to get it off their website to ensure you have the most recent version available. You can download it from a computer that does have internet, put it on a flashdrive, burn it to a cd, what have you.

I know its a pain, my Asus Sabertooth I just put in, didn't come with internet working right out of the box either. Fortunately, I was aware of this from reading reviews on Newegg, and had the drivers ready to go before the UPS man brought it to my door.

mayron4077

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Okay great thank you. I didn't think installing it from the disk would be the solution. I've never done this before so I had not got a clue. I knew it must of been something simple but unfortunately I have had to turn it off and leave it for tomorrow in a hurry so didn't have more time to experiment. But thank you! If for any reason it does not work, I will post a reply.

D

Deleted member 217926

No computer ever had the internet working "right out of the box" unless it was a prebuilt. Must be your first computer.

D

Deleted member 217926

All of the drivers on that disk are necessary. The bundled software I'm sure was included is not. Make sure you install all the drivers though.

My first build yes. Must have been a fluke then that I saw so many people in the reviews complain about the internet not working as-installed. I put this mobo in because my original died, but I used the disk that came with it right away. So it had internet.