Sign in with
Your question

No monitor display with new build.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 10, 2012 2:18:01 PM

Hello everyone.

I've been browsing the forums, and I know that there are lots of other threads here about the same thing, but please I'm at the end of my rope with this. I just built a new system 2 weeks ago.
Specs:
Cooler Master 922
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 mobo
Corsair enthusiast 750W PSU
Intel i5 2500k Sandy Bridge Processor
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

The first card I tried was an EVGA gtx 570 hd. I purchased everything from newegg. After installing the drivers, I wouldn't get a signal to my monitor. I read a bunch of posts about this and followed a lot of suggestions and nothing worked. So I took my PC to a local store and they did a full diagnostic testing of all my components, and said it was a faulty GPU. So I rma'd the card and purchased a Zotec gtx 560 ti 448 from newegg. Card arrived yesterday and I installed the card. My device manager wouldn't find the card. But I proceeded to download the drivers from the disk that came with the card. After install, the PC recognized the card, but after I rebooted, the same thing happened again. So I didn't know what to do. I even did a new clean install of windows, downloaded the newest set of drivers from nvidia, and when I tried to install them, It said I didn't have compatible hardware. So I took it back to the store and they tested it out again. They couldn't get the card to work in my system or another one with both having clean reinstalls of windows 7. But they put in an older nvidia card, sorry but I can't remember which one, and they said it worked perfectly in my system. So the store then said if I purchase a card from them they will install it for me and try everything they can to make it work. It's only a $25 difference for a new EVGA 570 from them so I think that's what I'm going to do. But I was wondering what everyone else thought. And is it possible that I got 2 faulty cards in a row from newegg? When I use the onboard GPU everything works fine. Thanks guys and sorry for the length.

More about : monitor display build

January 10, 2012 6:59:19 PM

Questions?
When you have the the GPU plugged in if you connect the monitor to the onboard output do you get a display?
Problem seems to be IRQ conflict between i5 onchip HD3000 and your addon GPU as both wanna work at the same time its possible but require some driver hacking as i have seen it done on Laptops to save power.

m
l
January 10, 2012 9:05:54 PM

I didn't try to use the onboard with the gpu plugged in. I was always in safe mode because the card wouldn't give a display otherwise.
m
l
Related resources
January 10, 2012 9:09:47 PM

Also, I did disable the onboard graphics in the bios and still the gpu couldn't send a signal to the monitor. And I can still hear windows booting my desktop I just cant see it.
m
l
January 11, 2012 1:00:32 AM

Depending on the graphics card your using and assuming that the system is put together correctly and the card is not faulty.

connect to monitors to the graphics card, some montiors will not get the signal because the card is sending the signal out of the connector you are not using so after pluggin in second monitor you should see one screen showing desktop and the other blank

after that goto screen resolution and display adapters and set you primary monitor as 1

also if you did not here windows boot this will not help , but as long as you here windows boot this should help.
1 other situation i have seen is if the onboard vga on a motherboard goes then the screen will stay blank but you are using discrete seperate cards so that should not be your issue .
m
l
!