Windows Components Error

I've made a clean install on WinXP Pro with SP2, when I click on "Add/Remove
Windows Components" under Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel I get
the following error

" Another copy of this setup program is running..... " /OK

I've tried most things, checked for any instances of "msiexec", but nothing
seems to let me change windows components.

Thanks in advance

]{artik
2 answers Last reply
More about windows components error

    Kartik,

    Open Task Manager and terminate all instances of "sysocmgr.exe". If that
    does not help, try logoff and logging back in.

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "Kartik" <kartik@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    I've made a clean install on WinXP Pro with SP2, when I click on "Add/Remove
    Windows Components" under Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel I get
    the following error

    " Another copy of this setup program is running..... " /OK

    I've tried most things, checked for any instances of "msiexec", but nothing
    seems to let me change windows components.

    Thanks in advance

    ]{artik

    Hi.
    I have the same problem. I try everything: Reformat partions, reinstall xp,
    change devices, but but nothing seems to let me change windows components. I
    loock too for virus, spywheres, bios update, clear cmos, without sucess. I
    need a solution because i have reinstalled xp 5 times in 2 days.

    Thanks (sorry my english)

    "Kartik" wrote:

    > I've made a clean install on WinXP Pro with SP2, when I click on "Add/Remove
    > Windows Components" under Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel I get
    > the following error
    >
    > " Another copy of this setup program is running..... " /OK
    >
    > I've tried most things, checked for any instances of "msiexec", but nothing
    > seems to let me change windows components.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > ]{artik

Configuration Control Panel Clean Install Components Customization Microsoft Windows XP