Computer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcassette

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Recently my computer has randomly restarting only when playing a game Dota2. After it happens sometimes i can starting playing again and my computer is fine for the rest of the day but if it happens again and i dont play again my computer is fine.
Also just today everything shut off except the top and front fans and the led light on my case while it was just idling . Are these two problems related and if so is it a PSU problem or something else?

MB- Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3
CPU- i5 2400
GPU- gt 520
PSU- Corsair CX430
Case- Rosewill Challenger

Solution
The temp that matters most is the one inside the PSU which you can't measure.

However, the Rosewill Challenger is a decent case, so the temps inside the CX 430 shouldn't be that bad.

That is why it sounds to me like either a bug in the game or a video card that just plain isn't up to the task.
Correct me if I am wrong here, but isn't DOTA2 still a beta game?

It could be that there are still kinks in the game the developers need to work out.

It might help if you went to some kind of beta forum and asked your question there if the only thing that causes you to crash is that one game.

That being said, being that it is a new game and all it could be that the 520 is getting strained by it. If you know someone willing to let you borrow a bit higher end video card that could fix the problem you are having as well.

mcassette

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011

Yeah this is what i saw on the beta forums that it could be a heat issue. So i checked my temps while playing with Coretemp and gpu-z. gpu peaked at 51 and cpu was mid 40s.

The temp that matters most is the one inside the PSU which you can't measure.

However, the Rosewill Challenger is a decent case, so the temps inside the CX 430 shouldn't be that bad.

That is why it sounds to me like either a bug in the game or a video card that just plain isn't up to the task.

Solution

mcassette

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011

Well i thought it would be decent enough to handle it but i guess not. thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.