Core 2 Intel Pentium @ 82% while core 1 is only at 25%

Sadtrial

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Hello, So I'm on my computer playing a game and I have a CPU usage gadget by Keat and the gadget is telling me, my Core 2 is at 82% while Core one is at 25%.
aren't they supposed to carry the load equally,
Or is that normal?
When I have something else up besides the game I'm playing (MineCraft online) it evens out more.

My system specs are Windows vista (but updated to Windows 7 Home premium and completely updated) Pentium dual core cpu t4200
4.00 gb Ram.
64 bit

Solution

This can be quite normal depending on what program your running. It depends on how the game was programmed whether or not the load is spread evenly between cores. I don't think it is necessarily a problem as such.

natemare

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

This can be quite normal depending on what program your running. It depends on how the game was programmed whether or not the load is spread evenly between cores. I don't think it is necessarily a problem as such.

Solution
G

Perfectly normal - unless the game / application is well threaded or specifically written to use multiple core then they will tend to use one core

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I have watched my core utilization while doing things like running superpi. Superpi is single threaded, but the OS will shift the load around rapidly from one core to another. So at one point core 1 will be at 85% and then very quickly afterwards core 2 will be at 85%.

TRENDING THREADS