Anyone recognize this form factor?

g0rd0

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Pulled this out of an old IBM BTX case after some intermittent problems were traced to irregular voltages. It measures:

5.75" W x 4.5" H x 4.5" D or

150mm x 115mm x 115mm

if you're from a country with a reasonable meausrement system. Google hasn't been any help, newegg doesn't have anything this size in stock, and the label is useless.

g0rd0

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Nope, only difference between ATX and BTX ps is the side the cords come out on, and even that's debatable. Really they're interchangeable. This is about an inch taller than ATX, I'm really starting to think that it's some weird annoying proprietary thing, but still hoping it's just something rare.

rinval

Honorable
May 17, 2012
BTX is slightly smaller then ATX and the ports are moved from the left to right side of the board. but anyway BTX was supposed to be the replacement for ATX to deal with heat issue...AKA the CPU being at the top and getting the heat from the rest of the board... then they got the bright idea he lets filp the ATX upside down or put better coolers on there... then BTX fizzled out... you still see it from time to time in prebuilts but not often.

Edit... i dont know for sure what form factor it is im figuring some spinoff of BTX but here is the Wiki list of formfactors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTX_(form_factor)

rinval

Honorable
May 17, 2012

i hate to say but from the dimensions you gave it would seem to be some kind of IBM form factor.... kind of how dell makes their own mobos as well...

being that it is a BTX case your might be able to fit a full size BTX in there.

edit here is the micro BTX on newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007627+600009025&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=280&description=&hisInDesc=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc=

Edit... NM lol.....

rinval

Honorable
May 17, 2012
my guess on the PSU is that its proprietary... i would measure out to see if a regular PSU will fit... or you might have to google the model to see if you can find that exact one.