<>1T hdd
<>Coolermaster CM690 ii advanced
<>8 gigs of ram
<>cant remeber the mobo right now
if anyone can input onto what i need to upgrade that would be great

More about : upgrading

a b B Homebuilt system
March 15, 2012 12:38:41 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Systems by Tecmo34
a b B Homebuilt system
March 15, 2012 1:07:27 AM

Adding an SSD as a boot drive, and installing the programs you use most often would speed the every day use of the system up considerably. If you are gaming, you might consider an upgrade to your GPU after Kepler comes out.
Related resources
March 15, 2012 9:47:28 PM

kelthic said:
Adding an SSD as a boot drive, and installing the programs you use most often would speed the every day use of the system up considerably. If you are gaming, you might consider an upgrade to your GPU after Kepler comes out.

what is kepler? ive honestly never herd of it!
i probly should have added that im a gamer.
what would be a good size for a ssd?
a b B Homebuilt system
March 15, 2012 10:56:35 PM

Kepler is the code name of the next archetecture of GPU being produced by Nvidia. It will be the GTX 680/670 i believe. I put 120gb ssds in my rigs right now, enough for the os and a few programs. You can probably get away with a 60-64GB SSD without much problem also.
March 15, 2012 11:14:41 PM

kelthic said:
Kepler is the code name of the next archetecture of GPU being produced by Nvidia. It will be the GTX 680/670 i believe. I put 120gb ssds in my rigs right now, enough for the os and a few programs. You can probably get away with a 60-64GB SSD without much problem also.

i was actually thinking about a ssd awhile back but i lost my job as an apprentice chef (stupid decision really) but now i am a student studying I.T so i have zero income :p 
do you have a recomendation towards a graphics card?, my gtx275 runs battlefield 3 at round 40 fps but runs quite hot after a bit of battlefield never had it over heat

a b B Homebuilt system
March 15, 2012 11:25:38 PM

Honestly, it's very difficult to say on Graphics Cards right now, with Kepler just around the corner, prices will likely be changing on the entire market soon. If you're 275 is providing a decent performance for what you are currently playing, i can't really justify recommending an upgrade until whatever happens with the market happens.
March 15, 2012 11:40:28 PM

kelthic said:
Honestly, it's very difficult to say on Graphics Cards right now, with Kepler just around the corner, prices will likely be changing on the entire market soon. If you're 275 is providing a decent performance for what you are currently playing, i can't really justify recommending an upgrade until whatever happens with the market happens.

i might as well just wait for Kelper to come out and for prices of the cards atm to drop before i buy one i might not go straight to Kelper untill i find work and do my next build all by my self
!