Conker Demo Help!

I was really impressed with the graphics and sound on the Conker: Live and
Reloaded Demo in OXM 42. I would however like to get farther than the
first 10 seconds of the level where I keep getting shot to death. I can
make it to the cutscene where the two guys are looking down on the beach
but by that time my health bar is down to like 1 piece from taking to many
hits. Is there any places before I start my run up the beach where I can
get increase my health? I tried ducking and jumping my way but it didn't
help.

"Joe Phillips" <littlejoeflubNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I was really impressed with the graphics and sound on the Conker: Live and
> Reloaded Demo in OXM 42. I would however like to get farther than the
> first 10 seconds of the level where I keep getting shot to death. I can
> make it to the cutscene where the two guys are looking down on the beach
> but by that time my health bar is down to like 1 piece from taking to many
> hits. Is there any places before I start my run up the beach where I can
> get increase my health? I tried ducking and jumping my way but it didn't
> help.

You have to run-then wait, run-then wait....
Run to each of the anti-tank emplacements then wait for the gunfire to cease
while the Evil Tediz reload.
There's usually a voice prompt to help signify when it's clear to run.

That's the only hint I can give, run past any of the shields before the
Tediz run out of ammo and you're squirrel meat. You can't dodge their
bullets and you can't duck beneath them....

I have the original Conker on N64 (and still play it) but the Xbox upgrade
looks fantastic.
I will be buying it again because it has so many great levels on it.
(If you like the Saving Private Ryan level here on the demo, wait until you
see The Matrix level, or Aliens...!)

"RobMac" <rpmccartney@gmail.com> wrote in

> "Joe Phillips" <littlejoeflubNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I was really impressed with the graphics and sound on the Conker:
>> Live and Reloaded Demo in OXM 42. I would however like to get
>> farther than the first 10 seconds of the level where I keep getting
>> shot to death. I can make it to the cutscene where the two guys are
>> looking down on the beach but by that time my health bar is down to
>> like 1 piece from taking to many hits. Is there any places before I
>> start my run up the beach where I can get increase my health? I
>> tried ducking and jumping my way but it didn't help.
>
> You have to run-then wait, run-then wait....
> Run to each of the anti-tank emplacements then wait for the gunfire to
> cease while the Evil Tediz reload.
> There's usually a voice prompt to help signify when it's clear to run.
>
> That's the only hint I can give, run past any of the shields before
> the Tediz run out of ammo and you're squirrel meat. You can't dodge
> their bullets and you can't duck beneath them....
>
> I have the original Conker on N64 (and still play it) but the Xbox
> upgrade looks fantastic.
> I will be buying it again because it has so many great levels on it.
> (If you like the Saving Private Ryan level here on the demo, wait
> until you see The Matrix level, or Aliens...!)

Thanks for the reply. About how many shields do I have to duck behind
before I get to the end of the beach? I noticed there's gunfire coming
from both the left and right.

"Joe Phillips" <littlejoeflubNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I was really impressed with the graphics and sound on the Conker: Live and
> Reloaded Demo in OXM 42. I would however like to get farther than the
> first 10 seconds of the level where I keep getting shot to death. I can
> make it to the cutscene where the two guys are looking down on the beach
> but by that time my health bar is down to like 1 piece from taking to many
> hits. Is there any places before I start my run up the beach where I can
> get increase my health? I tried ducking and jumping my way but it didn't
> help.

Do not stop and cover. Just run and don't stop running.
Run a checkpoint race behind every steel structure on the beach and you will
make it to the gates.

I was stuck on the same part of this demo and gave up after about 20 tries.
It's infuriating, and I didn't get any prompts.

"Joe Phillips" <littlejoeflubNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I was really impressed with the graphics and sound on the Conker: Live and
> Reloaded Demo in OXM 42. I would however like to get farther than the
> first 10 seconds of the level where I keep getting shot to death. I can
> make it to the cutscene where the two guys are looking down on the beach
> but by that time my health bar is down to like 1 piece from taking to many
> hits. Is there any places before I start my run up the beach where I can
> get increase my health? I tried ducking and jumping my way but it didn't
> help.

Same here. It looked like it would be cool, but I tried many different ways
to no avail. If it's a matter of luck, then forget it. I hope the released
game is better than this.

"Philoushka" <philoushka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I was stuck on the same part of this demo and gave up after about 20 tries.
>It's infuriating, and I didn't get any prompts.
>

> "Joe Phillips" <littlejoeflubNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I was really impressed with the graphics and sound on the Conker: Live and
>> Reloaded Demo in OXM 42. I would however like to get farther than the
>> first 10 seconds of the level where I keep getting shot to death. I can
>> make it to the cutscene where the two guys are looking down on the beach
>> but by that time my health bar is down to like 1 piece from taking to
>> many
>> hits. Is there any places before I start my run up the beach where I can
>> get increase my health? I tried ducking and jumping my way but it didn't
>> help.

"Philoushka" <philoushka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was stuck on the same part of this demo and gave up after about 20
tries.
> It's infuriating, and I didn't get any prompts.

I'd go as far as to say that its simply an incredibly badly designed level,
one that will guarantee that I wont pay more than greatest hits price for
this game, no matter how pretty it is. You have no indication of what to do
except follow your buddies, but if you follow them you *will* die, I tried
time and time again to follow their exact path through the gunfire (cause
they aren't getting hit) and if you wait right right next to one of them,
you will die when the gunfire starts when all the rest of them remain
untouched.

bad game design.

Wurm

> "Philoushka" <philoushka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I was stuck on the same part of this demo and gave up after about 20
> tries.
>> It's infuriating, and I didn't get any prompts.
>>

> I'd go as far as to say that its simply an incredibly badly designed
> level, one that will guarantee that I wont pay more than greatest hits
> price for this game, no matter how pretty it is. You have no
> indication of what to do except follow your buddies, but if you follow
> them you *will* die, I tried time and time again to follow their exact
> path through the gunfire (cause they aren't getting hit) and if you
> wait right right next to one of them, you will die when the gunfire
> starts when all the rest of them remain untouched.
>
> bad game design.
>
> Wurm

And I thought it was just me.

I will say the blood splattering against the camera, though diffrent, was
distracting. So were the bullet holes in the camera.

"Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d1mnul$jf1$1@dns3.cae.ca...

> "Philoushka" <philoushka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I was stuck on the same part of this demo and gave up after about 20
> tries.
>> It's infuriating, and I didn't get any prompts.
>>

> I'd go as far as to say that its simply an incredibly badly designed
> level,
> one that will guarantee that I wont pay more than greatest hits price for
> this game, no matter how pretty it is. You have no indication of what to
> do
> except follow your buddies, but if you follow them you *will* die,

They are SUPPOSE to die. It's part of the game's story.
You're not suppose to follow them to their death.
You're not suppose to stop and cover like them because you will die if you
do.
What you're suppose to do is run like hell to the gates. You may get hit one
or twice but you will make it.

>I tried
> time and time again to follow their exact path through the gunfire (cause
> they aren't getting hit) and if you wait right right next to one of them,
> you will die when the gunfire starts when all the rest of them remain
> untouched.
>
> bad game design.

It's not bad game design when you're blindly following the squirrels who are
destined to die by design.
You need to read betwen the lines and change course when you realize you're
not getting anywhere by following them.

"Tempora" <tempora@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> "Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d1mnul$jf1$1@dns3.cae.ca...
> >
> > "Philoushka" <philoushka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I was stuck on the same part of this demo and gave up after about 20
> > tries.
> >> It's infuriating, and I didn't get any prompts.
> >>

> > I'd go as far as to say that its simply an incredibly badly designed
> > level,
> > one that will guarantee that I wont pay more than greatest hits price
for
> > this game, no matter how pretty it is. You have no indication of what to
> > do
> > except follow your buddies, but if you follow them you *will* die,
>
> They are SUPPOSE to die. It's part of the game's story.

Then why wont they take any visible damage from the bullets that shread you
to pieces, when you are 1 inch from them?

> You're not suppose to follow them to their death.

This is impossible to know considering how they aren't affected by bullets
for the first two "blockades" in the sand

> You're not suppose to stop and cover like them because you will die if you
> do.

Does this make sense to you?, why dont they get hurt?

> What you're suppose to do is run like hell to the gates. You may get hit
one
> or twice but you will make it.

When your only indication of what to do is follow your teammates, this is a
bad design.

> >I tried
> > time and time again to follow their exact path through the gunfire
(cause
> > they aren't getting hit) and if you wait right right next to one of
them,
> > you will die when the gunfire starts when all the rest of them remain
> > untouched.
> >
> > bad game design.
> >

> It's not bad game design when you're blindly following the squirrels who
are
> destined to die by design.

read above

> You need to read betwen the lines and change course when you realize
you're
> not getting anywhere by following them.

bullshit, you need to try and try again, completely ignoring every single
indication of what to do around you, and blindly launch yourself through the
entire segment. once again, bad design. How the hell is "well, they aren't
getting hit, so I'll just run right through the entire area ignoring the
fact that they are making it through ok" reading between the lines?

Wurm

jlc

"Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d1rruf$kdt$1@dns3.cae.ca...

> "Tempora" <tempora@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> "Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d1mnul$jf1$1@dns3.cae.ca...
>> >
>> > "Philoushka" <philoushka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > tries.
>> >>

>> > I'd go as far as to say that its simply an incredibly badly designed
>> > level,
>> > one that will guarantee that I wont pay more than greatest hits price
> for
>> > this game, no matter how pretty it is. You have no indication of what
>> > do
>> > except follow your buddies, but if you follow them you *will* die,
>>
>> They are SUPPOSE to die. It's part of the game's story.
>
> Then why wont they take any visible damage from the bullets that shread
> you
> to pieces, when you are 1 inch from them?
>
>> You're not suppose to follow them to their death.
>
> This is impossible to know considering how they aren't affected by bullets
> for the first two "blockades" in the sand
>
>> You're not suppose to stop and cover like them because you will die if
>> you
>> do.
>
> Does this make sense to you?, why dont they get hurt?
>
>> What you're suppose to do is run like hell to the gates. You may get hit
> one
>> or twice but you will make it.
>
> When your only indication of what to do is follow your teammates, this is
> bad design.
>
>> >I tried
>> > time and time again to follow their exact path through the gunfire
> (cause
>> > they aren't getting hit) and if you wait right right next to one of
> them,
>> > you will die when the gunfire starts when all the rest of them remain
>> > untouched.
>> >
>> > bad game design.
>> >

>> It's not bad game design when you're blindly following the squirrels who
> are
>> destined to die by design.
>
> read above
>
>> You need to read betwen the lines and change course when you realize
> you're
>> not getting anywhere by following them.
>
> bullshit, you need to try and try again, completely ignoring every single
> indication of what to do around you, and blindly launch yourself through
> the
> entire segment. once again, bad design. How the hell is "well, they aren't
> getting hit, so I'll just run right through the entire area ignoring the
> fact that they are making it through ok" reading between the lines?
>
> Wurm

I totally agree with you.This is the worst demo I've ever played. I got it
when it first came out a couple of months ago and it pissed me off so much I
gave up trying. I can't believe a company that wants to promote their new
game would think this demo would do it. If anything it turned me off so
much I probably wont buy it now. JLC

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d1rruf$kdt$1@dns3.cae.ca...
> >
> > "Tempora" <tempora@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> > for
> >>
> >> They are SUPPOSE to die. It's part of the game's story.
> >
> > Then why wont they take any visible damage from the bullets that shread
> > you
> > to pieces, when you are 1 inch from them?
> >
> >> You're not suppose to follow them to their death.
> >
> > This is impossible to know considering how they aren't affected by
bullets
> > for the first two "blockades" in the sand
> >
> >> You're not suppose to stop and cover like them because you will die if
> >> you
> >> do.
> >
> > Does this make sense to you?, why dont they get hurt?
> >
> >> What you're suppose to do is run like hell to the gates. You may get
hit
> > one
> >> or twice but you will make it.
> >
> > When your only indication of what to do is follow your teammates, this
is
> > bad design.

> > (cause
> > them,

> >> It's not bad game design when you're blindly following the squirrels
who
> > are
> >> destined to die by design.
> >
> > read above
> >
> >> You need to read betwen the lines and change course when you realize
> > you're
> >> not getting anywhere by following them.
> >
> > bullshit, you need to try and try again, completely ignoring every
single
> > indication of what to do around you, and blindly launch yourself through
> > the
> > entire segment. once again, bad design. How the hell is "well, they
aren't
> > getting hit, so I'll just run right through the entire area ignoring the
> > fact that they are making it through ok" reading between the lines?
> >
> > Wurm
> >

> I totally agree with you.This is the worst demo I've ever played. I got it
> when it first came out a couple of months ago and it pissed me off so much
> gave up trying. I can't believe a company that wants to promote their new
> game would think this demo would do it. If anything it turned me off so
> much I probably wont buy it now. JLC

Well, the game's obviously not for you, and that's ok.

BTW, it's not a "new" game....it is a rerender of a game that came out in
2001 but now updated for the Xbox platform
(and it looks fantastic, not that the N64 version was horrible looking)

I 've had the N64 version of Conker's Bad Fur Day since it came out, and
while I got shot up the first few times on this level, I figured out how to
get past this one section to make it up to the bunker to move on.....believe
me, if *I* can do it, anyone can, but if you're not having fun with it, I
agree; don't play it.

"Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d1rruf$kdt$1@dns3.cae.ca...

> "Tempora" <tempora@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> "Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d1mnul$jf1$1@dns3.cae.ca...
>> >
>> > "Philoushka" <philoushka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > tries.
>> >>

>> > I'd go as far as to say that its simply an incredibly badly designed
>> > level,
>> > one that will guarantee that I wont pay more than greatest hits price
> for
>> > this game, no matter how pretty it is. You have no indication of what
>> > do
>> > except follow your buddies, but if you follow them you *will* die,
>>
>> They are SUPPOSE to die. It's part of the game's story.
>
> Then why wont they take any visible damage from the bullets that shread
> you
> to pieces, when you are 1 inch from them?
>
>> You're not suppose to follow them to their death.
>
> This is impossible to know considering how they aren't affected by bullets
> for the first two "blockades" in the sand
>
>> You're not suppose to stop and cover like them because you will die if
>> you
>> do.
>
> Does this make sense to you?, why dont they get hurt?
>
>> What you're suppose to do is run like hell to the gates. You may get hit
> one
>> or twice but you will make it.
>
> When your only indication of what to do is follow your teammates, this is
> bad design.
>
>> >I tried
>> > time and time again to follow their exact path through the gunfire
> (cause
>> > they aren't getting hit) and if you wait right right next to one of
> them,
>> > you will die when the gunfire starts when all the rest of them remain
>> > untouched.
>> >
>> > bad game design.
>> >

>> It's not bad game design when you're blindly following the squirrels who
> are
>> destined to die by design.
>
> read above
>
>> You need to read betwen the lines and change course when you realize
> you're
>> not getting anywhere by following them.
>
> bullshit, you need to try and try again, completely ignoring every single
> indication of what to do around you, and blindly launch yourself through
> the
> entire segment. once again, bad design. How the hell is "well, they aren't
> getting hit, so I'll just run right through the entire area ignoring the
> fact that they are making it through ok" reading between the lines?

Good thing that it seems you've never played any 80's and early 90's era
games like those in
the arcade, NES, SNES and Genesis because the bitching about how impossible
all the games are to get through
would NEVER end from you, because a lot of those games required you to "read
between the lines" of the game designer
and employ not-so-obvious strategies or thinking for you to get through a
section of a game. Like I said, if you're following them and YOU
are still getting killed, it never occurred to you to STOP FOLLOWING THEM?
That's not bad design, that's you not thinking.
Remember, it's a game, not an interactive movie like so many games in the
the Playstation-era became that allow
you to mash buttons and sleep walk through the entire game and still
succeed.