PureGXx

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: Next week or so.

Budget Range: I'm flexible, if it costs more but its worth it I will wait another week or two.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming mostly.

Parts Not Required: HDD, Case, keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, *Current PSU is TX650W V2 Corshair if I need to upgrade I can*

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I prefer NCIX because of its relatively cheap shipping to me and no taxs hehe.

Parts Preferences: CPU- Intel, I like eVGAs GPU policy but if there is something that out shines them I will give it a go probably.

Overclocking:Maybe

SLI or Crossfire:Maybe

Monitor Resolution: Only 1680X1050 possibly upgrading to a larger monitor that will probably be 1080p/1200p

Additional Comments: I don't want a huge heatsink that takes up my motherboard. I want full acess to my memory so possibly add a Corshair watercool CPU. I only really need a MoBo/CPU/GPU/CPU Cooler/Possibly a PSU. I was looking at the 2500k, GTX 580, and ASUS p8z68 but I want to know what else is out there. I want a higher end card I was also hearing roomers about kepler so if I should wait for a GTX 6XX. I also maybe want to throw a new case in. I was thinking of upgrading to watercooling later on. I want something that has cable management aswell. I was looking at the Obision 800D? something like that. But I would purchase the watercooling/case after the MoBo/GPU/CPU has to come first.

Thanks for taking the time to help me I really appreciate it.

mortonww

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Just a thought: if you're willing to wait for Kepler, Ivy Bridge will be out soon too. Maybe you grab a Panther Point board and an i5 3570k in a month's time. It's definitely worth it to wait.

i5 3570k + asus or gigabyte z77 and either a 7970 (faster than gtx 580) or a Kepler card.

The 800D is a great case for watercooling, but also research the Cooler Master Storm Sniper. $280 just seems a bit steep even though the 800D is an excellent case.

The 650TX should be fine to run any of the new single-gpu cards. At least that's true for the 7970:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/27

PureGXx

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Yes AMD also wins the battle for power GPUs the 800D has filers is what I like to see and my lanboy air is *** and lots of dust gets insides probably one of the problems. I will probably use this pc for now and just order my new one and give this one to my bro. I can deffinitly wait my pc is fine for now. I just have to play on low for bf3 because my gpu is done i think 5770 lol oced to 960mhz/1400mhz and had that running for too long aparently on ultra settings aha I thought it was great at the time. But anyways yeah I don't need to spend any on CPU/GPU/MoBo right now. I would rather buy the better parts rather then spending some money I could use for even better parts ;) but thanks anyways.