Radeon 3870x2 Red Light D25

chargerbandit

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hey guys,today I got a 3870x2 but it doesnt work. All I get is a black screen and the GPU fan is at 100% all the time. My power supply is Corsair CX500(yes a bit on the edge but I tried with a separate 400w PSU just for the GPU and it doesnt work either). I noticed the D25 LED keeps flashing like: twice then a bit pause,repeat. As far as I have read,the LED indicates overheating but it definately doesn't overheat,I changed the paste and its very well cooled. My CPU is Athlon X3 445 and mobo ASUS M4N68T-M V2.
Any ideas guys? I hope I havent wasted 50 bucks on a brick...

chargerbandit

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Anyone? I really need help on this. Sometimes the red LEDs do not flash and just do the POST flash and thats it,still 100% fan speed and no picture. Tried different monitors,different rams,three different computers...no luck -.-

Hmmm, pretty sure its simply defective, I would suggest a few things to try but you have already covered them, the only viable next step would be to try it in a different motherboard on the off chance the socket is damaged... but I doubt that.

chargerbandit

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I tried it in two motherboards,I tried different PSU's,resetting BIOS,... I guess I got screwed over hard when I bought it.