Game theater XP...... Is it good?!

G

tom didn't do an article on this which totaly pisses me off... once in very rare while I decide to buy a sound card and he doesn't review my prime choice :(

So what is better and why the theater xp or the sb live platinum?

Secretninja

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
is water a nececity to life as we know it? yes the gamer xp is good. its very good. ifs the best. the 5.1 plat is nothing. creative have lost it. the awe 32 was good y dad still has it in his computer. the sb16 was an all time clasic. but the plat is pants. gte the xp. its cheaper. tooks better (who wats to have that messy live drive in there case (me actualy as i was going to get the plat un till i saw the xp)) but look at the breakout box with the xp. its mint. cool blue. your mate are all gona want one. be a trend setter get it.

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have it- I love it.

win2000
T-Bird 800@1000
geforce256DDR
256 megs cas 2 crucial
Asus A7Pro

My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.

G

Great card, on problem. Hercules...

No Windows XP drivers, the Win2K drivers can be problematic, and Hercules support of the card has been nearly non-existent.

They have been unresponsive to user requests for information about driver problems.

I had to remove mine and buy a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. Basically the same card, without the breakout box (but most of it's functionality on the back of the card), and it has drivers that actually WORK.

TL

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I love mine in windows 98se, It didn't work properly in Windows XP which I REALLY want to buy in October, but if my sound card isn't supported I'm gonna be pissed.
The optical outs are sweet, and its easy to rig your own 5.1 sound system from different sets of speakers.
Oh yea and in my opinion the sound quality beats the pants off of SB live cards.