Sign in with
Your question

Recording to Dell Optiplex 755, sound problem.

Last response: in Components
June 29, 2012 12:32:02 PM

I have connected my record deck to a dell optiplex755 through the input jack, also grounded the deck to pc. I have a pair of speakers attached through the output jack. When using Audacity 2.0 the sound is recorded and will play back OK, sound is there. I cannot hear anything when recording though and this is frustrating!! There is no internal pc speaker. Anyone help please?
July 1, 2012 12:28:58 AM

You want to hear what you'r recording?
From the Audacity manual:
Windows and Linux
Open the computer's volume control panel. In the playback section, turn off the “mute” checkbox or button for your recording source (usually “microphone” or “line in”) then turn its volume up. This is known as hardware playthrough. You will be able to hear the recording with very little playthrough latency.

If this does not work, open the Audacity Preferences. In the Recording section on the left, put a checkmark in the “Software Playthrough” box and click OK. This type of playthrough has latency, so you will hear what you are recording a noticeable time afterwards. You could also experience audio breakup.

July 1, 2012 11:33:17 AM

popatim said:
You want to hear what you'r recording?
From the Audacity manual:
Windows and Linux
Open the computer's volume control panel. In the playback section, turn off the “mute” checkbox or button for your recording source (usually “microphone” or “line in”) then turn its volume up. This is known as hardware playthrough. You will be able to hear the recording with very little playthrough latency.

If this does not work, open the Audacity Preferences. In the Recording section on the left, put a checkmark in the “Software Playthrough” box and click OK. This type of playthrough has latency, so you will hear what you are recording a noticeable time afterwards. You could also experience audio breakup.

Thanks for quick rsponse.
Already done first suggestion. Second one works a treat!

Thanks for help, much appreciated.
Regards, Eddy.
July 1, 2012 8:32:10 PM

Glad I could help :-))
!