Sign in with
Your question

Dual-Monitor Troubleshooting

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 10, 2012 7:04:59 PM

I just hooked up a 2nd monitor and changed my display to "extended", but the right monitor image is displaying too far to the left (not accounting for the gap between the 2 monitors. I have an inch of undisplayed black area on the far right on the screen, and the images are too far off the screen on the left.

I tried changing the monitor settings and moving the image, but that didn't work.

Any help, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
January 10, 2012 7:23:35 PM

you using windows extend or eyefinity if its a AMD GPU if its eyefinity then there is option in catalyst to set this up also in windows extend desktop look it the screen and see if there is a gap between the two monitor icons in the middle
m
l
January 10, 2012 7:55:04 PM

I have a ATI Radeon 4650. I just went into Windows > Display and set it to "extended". I tried moving the two images of Monitor 1 & 2 further apart to account for the gap, but they just revert back in to side by side. Won't let me move apart, just up and down.
m
l
January 10, 2012 8:05:14 PM

I think I fixed it. I had to turn down the resolution on the right monitor from '1680x1050' to '1440x900' . I don't know why because it was used on the highest setting before I got dual monitors.
m
l
!