Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlen10

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hey,
So I want to SLI two GTX 460 PNY. But I had a few questions. First of all, what is the difference with the PCI slots x16/ x8. Apparently if you SLI, one of them will run at a slower speed. Whats the performance difference in that? Also, I have a single monitor, I don't like having multiple ones. So how does it work? I just put in the graphics card and it will run the same off both even though I am plugged into only one of them? Will the one the monitor is plugged into perform any different? How does it work? Thanks for the information! :)

Solution
Pcie X8 is enough for even the fastest card on the planet 7970 so don't worry it 100% the same as x16 for GTX 460. There will be no difference..not even statistical.

You install both cards...connect them with the SLI bridge. Download the latest nvidia drivers. Within the drivers you turn SLI on. Plug the monitor cable in the top card thats closer to the CPU.

You're all set now. Both cards will be working to run games on the monitor you have connected.

dharmenparikh

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Pcie X8 is enough for even the fastest card on the planet 7970 so don't worry it 100% the same as x16 for GTX 460. There will be no difference..not even statistical.

You install both cards...connect them with the SLI bridge. Download the latest nvidia drivers. Within the drivers you turn SLI on. Plug the monitor cable in the top card thats closer to the CPU.

You're all set now. Both cards will be working to run games on the monitor you have connected.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.