Powe Supply Fan Connection

MikGW

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Hi, I'm currently in the process of building my computer, and I'm using the Antec HCG 620M PSU. Now, in my Blackhawk Rosewill case, there are 4 fans, 3 of which are molex. In my PSU modular cable selection, there is a bundle with 3 molex plugs and a PSU connector on the other end. The problem is that this PSU connector can only be plugged into the black port that says HDD. Everything fits, but I can't help wondering if this HDD port is for older molex HDD's, and not fans?

Solution
The connectors SHOULD be connected horizontally as far as I'm aware (they do on most, unless ASRock decided to be oddball with it), and I THINK that the + wire should go into the left pin on the board and the - wire should go into the right pin, with the middle unused. I'll be honest though, I'm not positive of that, but I THINK that's it.

MikGW

Honorable
May 6, 2012

Thank you so much for the answer! I have another off topic question that came up. On the front panel mobo ports (ASRock Extreme4 Z77) Manual: ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/Z77%20Extreme4.pdf, if you look at the manual you will see there are 4 ports, (I assume the 1 pin is left alone?) One is the power LED, Power Button, Reset Button and finally the HDD LED. In my case cables the power LED cable is two seperate pins, one is +, the other -. Does it matter which way they plug in to the slot? Also, please clarify this for me, the connectors connect vertically into the front panel mobo right?

The connectors SHOULD be connected horizontally as far as I'm aware (they do on most, unless ASRock decided to be oddball with it), and I THINK that the + wire should go into the left pin on the board and the - wire should go into the right pin, with the middle unused. I'll be honest though, I'm not positive of that, but I THINK that's it.

Solution

MikGW

Honorable
May 6, 2012

What middle? BTW, can I use my PSU PCI-E connector for my gpu, instead of the one that came with it? (The GPU connector has some pretty ugly connections (4 molex plugs).

MikGW

Honorable
May 6, 2012

Nvm, got it! Thank you!