mousenut

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Please help again, i'm stuck.

I built a Flash AS to run 2 lobby displays in portrait mode I have 2 dual PCI GPU cards already and what I hoped to use to run them PC wise but that isn't working out. I developed it on a laptop running Win 7 64 Bit i5-2520M w/8gig memory and the Flash AS runs just fine. I moved it to an old PC and it is so slow it is unusable. I assumed it was video intensive and come to find out it's CPU intensive.

So, I need a new very basic build that can run the AS file.

Approximate Purchase Date: Today (ASAP)

Budget Range: Must be under $400

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Listed above, this is its only purpose

Parts Not Required: I only need Mobo, proc & memory and I have an Antec Earthwatts green 380 but I can get a new one if required. I do have a couple of Radeon 9250 PCI cards I'd like to use but I could reclaim others if required from other PC's with different forms I already have.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I don't care

Parts Preferences: I don't care, open box is even ok in this case

Overclocking: Only if required, has to be rock stable

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1080 x 1920 x 4 (I'll show you pictures when done, it's spectacular. 2 x 21" portrait in control room and 2 x 55" in portrait in lobby)

Additional Comments: None

Thanks!

If you developed it on a computer with a 2520m then why not just go with this core

i5-2500k
Gigabyte 1155 Z68
Crucial CT2KIT51264BA1339

You should be able to get all that for $400 and it should be pretty much just like how it works on the laptop.

It depends on some things, but you may not even need them. The graphics chip built into the processor may be good enough, especially if you said that your laptop can play the stuff just fine.

The processor is about 95w and the motherboard + RAM probably adds another 105, so call it an even 200. That would leave a couple hundred extra for the low end cards, it should work with at least one in any event.