Want to change the computer user information

October 9, 2004 9:31:49 PM

Hello.

I have a computer that was used by another person for a
few weeks. When they loaded in everything, his name was
used.

I can use regedit to change the registered owner, and
that is fine, but all the files for current user are in
his name, which is not preferable.

Is there a way to change the computer over from his name
to my name without having all the programs and files get
confused? Or am I just locked into this?

Thanks,

Frustrated G
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 11:36:40 PM

The easiest way is to create a new profile in your name then copy the
data from the old to new profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151
Once you are sure all is OK, the old profile can be safely deleted
from User Accounts.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/