Brand New M59 Case, Need Help!

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Hey guys, I just purchased an NZXT M59 Case... Let me just say for $45.... it has features that some $100+ cases dont have. Thoroughly Impressed, and Anyone who likes a Sleek See through but still subtle case. Check it out.

Anyways, Im installing a new High Performance GPU soon. Most Likely a GTX 560 Ti, or a HD6870. I need to add some more fans in the case and Im not very familiar with the positioning of the fans.

I have 5 Case fans available.

1 On the Top back of the case I believe its blowing out.

1 On the Side of the Case.. Again I think blowing out? Not sure.

I installed one on the Bottom Front of the Case Blowing Out.

I will be installing One on top.

I need to know if the front should be taking in Air, and if the Top should be blowing it out? Im not sure, Thanks!

randomkid

Distinguished
1 On the Top back of the case I believe its blowing out. - Correct.
1 On the Side of the Case.. Again I think blowing out? Not sure. - Should be intake to give your GPU cool air.
I installed one on the Bottom Front of the Case Blowing Out. - I would put it as intake but only if you have an air filter. If you have fan mount elsewhere, better put it there.
I will be installing One on top. - Exhaust/Blowing Out.
...front should be taking in Air - Correct.

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

Alright Makes Sense, thank you.

The Back and Side Fans were OEM so they are in correct position im sure. I just made a mistake.

Now here is the problem...

I do have a relatively small OEM heatsink. My x4 955 sits at around 47C When playing games which I believe is good? Maybe even some O/C potential there.

The top fans come VERY close to the motherboard, and was wondering if their are any Slimmer fans that are 20mm wide instead of 25mm, or will a 25mm fit?

Lastly, With my setup should i go with 2 Top Fans, causing me to move my Optical drive and making it less sleek looking in the front, or will 1 more added to the top be sufficient?

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Sorry guys, I dont mean to post twice, but I have a new update on an Important matter.

I just bought a GTX 480 after a seductive $150 price tag was slapped on. I NEED to know how many fans I should have in this case, cause I heard it runs hot. And how to position them. By the way to above poster, The Front Has a Material to Block Dust/Material from entering the computer

randomkid

Distinguished

25mm is standard. The case should be made to fit it. Do measure it with a ruler to be sure.

Nothing wrong with the Optical Drive in the lower slots. For me, it looks more odd to have a vacant fan mount at the top.

randomkid

Distinguished

No problem. The quick edit facility [the icon with the lightning] allows you to edit your post. The full Edit [at the left of the ligthning icon] allows you edit with ability to format text & select smilies or even delete.

That's a great deal for the 480. Some will rush in even for $210 of that although I call it hasty. But for $150, no question about it. The 5 fans you are planning should be able to keep tabs on that hot temp. But only one way to find out & i.e. during actual gaming. monitor the temps & you decide from there if still needed or not.

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

Thank you, and Yes seeing on the benchmarks that GTX 480 still hangs up there with the best of them! And for the Price of an
HD6850...couldn't beat it. What is the best way to keep this thing cooled down? Anything special cause I really don't need this thing over heating.

And PSU I bought an Antec 650w... Will that work?

randomkid

Distinguished
The antec 650w should work. As for cooler for 480 you can consider a third party vga cooler but only after monitoring the temps. Maybe you wont need to. After all you should have very good airflow in your case with the 5 fans.