Best Cooling Fan on a Budget.

trundley

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
hi, i was just wondering what are the best cooling fans available as when i get my new PC i'm going to replace the stock fans that come with the Corsair Carbide 500r (white) with new fans and i want some decent ones for cooling but dont want to pay though the nose.

So far i've found these (link below) in 120mm and a 200mm fan for the side of the case.

Coolermaster sickleflow fans 120mm

Lets so no more than £6 per 120mm fan eh? the 200mm fan can be no more than £12

trundley

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Those xigmatech extreme silent fans looks cool but they're 140mm. What I forgot to mention was that I wanted red LED fans for the the fans.

The idea is that:

2 front intakes (120mm)
1 side intake (200mm)
2 top exhausts (120mm)
1 rear exhaust (120mm)

serenatous

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011

I highly recommend the Cougar fans although not red you can defiantly grab those instead : http://www.outletpc.com/mr1787-cougar-vortex-pwm-orange-120mm-case-fan.html

I have 4 of them in my Corsair 800d case they are silent and push a great amount of air :) in my opinion those are 1 hell of a good looking fan / color :D but no red sadly.

trundley

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

They look insane :D But i've just had a thought. For high flow cooling fans there would be the tendancy to haul in quite a bit of dust too. Now i dont know whether the case has its own dust filters for the front intakes and i know it doesnt have any for the side 200mm fan. For the exhaust fans, it doesnt matter so much. I know the corsair carbide 500r has a dust filter on the bottom of the case for the PSU i suspect and it stretches over for another 120mm fan for the bottom of the case, but i wont be using that.

Is it worth getting a dust filter, and if i do how much will it impede the airflow?

serenatous

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
If your bottom case dust filters are like my corsair 800d ones you wont need as they extend till the hdd compartment. And they are more then efficient at their dust filtering job :D .

And if you decide to pick them up, i think you will be more then happy with the looks / color they bring to the case + very quite, and the amount of air they push is surprising for such quite fans :D

trundley

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Thanks for all the help guys. Massive thanks to you all. While i was typing this reply i was attacked by PCEU virus. Honestly, have to say i very nearly crapped my pants until i realised it wanted money. :D