Sign in with
Your question
Solved

nvm SOLVED

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 10, 2012 9:27:39 PM

i just finished my new build

anywhozle

i turned it on and went into the bios, then went and made a new "overclock profile" but changed no settings and then rebooted the comp. now i dont have any display and i have checked all connections, i get no post-beep but all the lights and fans come on, and all the components seem to be working, but i get no power to the keyboard and no display connection.

i have a
msi 870s-g46
amd phenom ll 960T
4 gb of
saphire radeon hd 6850
rosewill 650 watt psu

what could be wrong? and how can i fix it?

also i have no os on the hdd

More about : nvm solved

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 10, 2012 9:46:39 PM

You might try re-setting the BIOS( CMOS )
January 10, 2012 9:48:30 PM

clarkjd said:
You might try re-setting the BIOS( CMOS )

i have pulled the cmos battery out while off and alos while on, but now it feels loose?

suggestions?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 10, 2012 9:53:24 PM

swords24 said:
i have pulled the cmos battery out while off and alos while on, but now it feels loose?

suggestions?

it should snap back in, unless you damaged the battery holder when ;you removed the battery. :cry: 
m
l
January 10, 2012 10:00:18 PM

clarkjd said:
it should snap back in, unless you damaged the battery holder when ;you removed the battery. :cry: 

it does "snap" like i hear an audable noise but when i push on the sides, even slightly it moves
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 1:52:54 AM

If it is in correctly, then it shouldn't move.
m
l
January 11, 2012 3:14:49 AM

clarkjd said:
If it is in correctly, then it shouldn't move.

now i just feel like an idiot for asking this but is there a way to replace the CMOS holder/adapter(for lack of a better term) or should i just return it to new egg and feign shipping damage/faulty mobo (now that i think of it i took some pics while i was building it and i just looked@ them and it came with a "sideways" CMOS)
m
l
January 11, 2012 4:05:20 AM

i fixed it, now i feel stupid, i pulled the CMOS out and changed the jumper, the 2 min later put them back and it booted :)  now I'm officially a happy camper
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 11:22:08 AM

swords24 said:
i fixed it, now i feel stupid, i pulled the CMOS out and changed the jumper, the 2 min later put them back and it booted :)  now I'm officially a happy camper

Glad you got it back!
m
l
August 18, 2012 12:25:12 AM

Best answer selected by swords24.
m
l
!