Solved

nvm SOLVED

i just finished my new build

anywhozle

i turned it on and went into the bios, then went and made a new "overclock profile" but changed no settings and then rebooted the comp. now i dont have any display and i have checked all connections, i get no post-beep but all the lights and fans come on, and all the components seem to be working, but i get no power to the keyboard and no display connection.

i have a
msi 870s-g46
amd phenom ll 960T
4 gb of
saphire radeon hd 6850
rosewill 650 watt psu


what could be wrong? and how can i fix it?

also i have no os on the hdd
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about solved
  1. Best answer
    You might try re-setting the BIOS( CMOS )
  2. clarkjd said:
    You might try re-setting the BIOS( CMOS )


    i have pulled the cmos battery out while off and alos while on, but now it feels loose?

    suggestions?
  3. swords24 said:
    i have pulled the cmos battery out while off and alos while on, but now it feels loose?

    suggestions?

    it should snap back in, unless you damaged the battery holder when ;you removed the battery. :cry:
  4. clarkjd said:
    it should snap back in, unless you damaged the battery holder when ;you removed the battery. :cry:


    it does "snap" like i hear an audable noise but when i push on the sides, even slightly it moves
  5. If it is in correctly, then it shouldn't move.
  6. clarkjd said:
    If it is in correctly, then it shouldn't move.

    now i just feel like an idiot for asking this but is there a way to replace the CMOS holder/adapter(for lack of a better term) or should i just return it to new egg and feign shipping damage/faulty mobo (now that i think of it i took some pics while i was building it and i just looked@ them and it came with a "sideways" CMOS)
  7. i fixed it, now i feel stupid, i pulled the CMOS out and changed the jumper, the 2 min later put them back and it booted :) now I'm officially a happy camper
  8. swords24 said:
    i fixed it, now i feel stupid, i pulled the CMOS out and changed the jumper, the 2 min later put them back and it booted :) now I'm officially a happy camper

    Glad you got it back!
  9. Best answer selected by swords24.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics