Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia and Radeon at the same time?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 10, 2012 9:50:21 PM

I have an Nvidia GTX 560 2GB Graphics card, and I can get an Amd 4850 HD from a friend, But I was wondering if I can even run them both at the same time? Not in SLI or Crossfire, but just run them separately, because the Nvidia card only supports 2 monitors.

I have the Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset motherboard, which supports multiple graphics cards from either brand.

Thanks,
Sam

More about : nvidia radeon time

a b U Graphics card
January 10, 2012 10:03:01 PM

I would assume this doesn't work because you definitely can't run both drivers simultaneously. You could possibly have both of them in and switch cards in the bios at startup, but even that may not work because of drivers. You definitely can't run 3 monitors by splitting the workload.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 10, 2012 11:07:54 PM

from what i have read in the manual,even though you have the "lucid logix virtual" it is only used for onboard cpu graphics and gpu's,it has no mention of using both nvidia and amd cards as just the "lucid hydra" chip allows.
so my best guess is no with that motherboard.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 10, 2012 11:08:25 PM

kevin83 said:
I would assume this doesn't work because you definitely can't run both drivers simultaneously. You could possibly have both of them in and switch cards in the bios at startup, but even that may not work because of drivers. You definitely can't run 3 monitors by splitting the workload.

some motherboards do allow this.
m
l
!