Additional Comments: I need help picking out the operating system, power supply, and just advice on other picked out parts.
My main goal is to play Starcraft 2. I really don't need to do anything else other than surf the internet. Thanks ahead of time for all the help. A lot of the items I suggested came highly recommended from Tom's articles, that's how I picked most of them. I just am unsure if they will work together. I think that Build 2 is just too expensive for me right now. Game specs are listed in the end.
Here is Build One, the one I found on my own: Total is 395 plus power supply
PC Minimum System Requirements*:
* Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
* 2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
* 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
* 12 GB available HD space
* 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
* DVD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection
* 1024X720 minimum display resolution
PC Recommended Specifications:
* Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
* Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better
graphics card to use on the computer. serialkiller I like your build alot. Can anybody else confirm that his suggested build is better than mine?
Also, I always forget about the motherboard.