Your question

Annoying issue with

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
March 15, 2012 6:21:56 PM

Hello everyone,

I have developed a very irriatating issue with my newly built pc.

The problem I am having is, at random intervals my LCD display turns off, go's black for a few seconds and then displays flickering lines all over the screen, shortly afterwards the computer decides to turn off completely. During this time keyboard and mouse are obviously unresponsive as I cant see anything anyway.

I am at a loss with this issue, happened only 3 days ago, other than this I have used the pc without any fault up until now.

No major changes have been made to the system, all windows updates are installed, motherboard drivers are up-to-date (according to Gigabyte update manager) and so are the intel graphics drivers.

I havent narrowed the issue down to anything particular, I assumed it may be the integrated graphics, however it has occured even during normal internet surfing so am lost??

Here is the full spec of the pc;

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (revision 1.3)
Intel Core i3 2100 (Integrated Chipset is being used)
PNY Optima 4GB 1333mhz Ram (Single Stick)
Seagate 500Gb Hard Drive SATAIII
OCZ Mod X Stream-Pro 500 Watt PSU
Gigabyte GZ-G Case
OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Display I am using is a small 16 inch LCD TV, through a HDMI cable (I have also tried the VGA cable but it doesnt resolve the issue).

Not quite sure were to continue from here.

Assistance would be most appreciated, as this is simply doing my head in :pfff:  .....

Cheers, Ivan

More about : annoying issue

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
March 15, 2012 9:22:06 PM

I would try uninstalling the graphics driver , and then rebooting .

Windows should find the installation files and load a fresh copy automatically .
March 15, 2012 10:32:27 PM

I've unistalled the drivers and rebooted, all 'seems' well for now.

I've rebooted and shutdown the system several times, previously the display would die within 10-15 mins of system booting up, so far fine.

Plays games etc fine, i'll mess around with it some more to be sure its fixed.

Cheers for the response
!