New Gaming Computer Build

tmc123

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Didnt know where to ask this.. This is my first time posting on this site but I have been looking through it alot latley. Anyways, Im building a new gaming/video editing computer. I just want you guys to tell me if its a good build. Here it is: Video: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX560 Ti DS Superclocked 1GB DDR5 2DVI/Mini HDMI PCI-Express Video Card CPU: Intel Core i7 Processor i7-2600 3.4GHz 8MB LGA1155 CPU, Retail Mobo: Intel BOXDZ68BC LGA1155/ Intel Z68/ DDR3/ CrossFireX & SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard, Retail Power Supply: Cooler Master RS700-PCAA-E3 eXtreme Power Plus 700W SLI Power Supply Case: Raidmax Typhoon ATX-312WS No PS ATX Mid Tower Case (Black) HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB SATA3 7200rpm 64MB NCQ Hard Drive Ram; 2 x Super Talent DDR3-1333 4GB/512x72 ECC/REG Micron Chip Server Memory (8GB in total, Should I add more?) Ill be using this computer for gaming (battlefield 3, skyrim etc) video editing/ with adobe after effects, sony vegas, maybe photoshop.. what do you guys think? anything i should change? Thanks in advance.

ngoy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
ECC/REG memory is mainly used on server and workstation motherboards, and is not compatible with the board you have selected. So you should pick any non-ecc/non reg memory for your pc. You can use an intel board, they are rated for max stability though, and not performance. You don't need a 700W PS unless you are thinking of doing SLI. I would wait until the new NVIDIA Kepler series graphics cards come out before buying, a GTX 670 will last you longer than a 560 (cards due out late march/april) Plus new Intel chips come out in April also.

I would wait a month or two personally. Running a 64 bit os, I would get 16GB of RAM now, it is cheap.

g-unit1111

Titan
Is this a new build that you own or a proposed build?

If it's a proposed build - I'd chuck the case as most everything Raidmax makes is complete garbage, and I'd definitely go with a better RAM and PSU vendor.

For the case go with a Cooler Master HAF 912 (or Antec 300 V2), for the PSU - go with a Corsair TX650, and for RAM go with Crucial Ballistix.