my music folder thumbnail changed!

my music folder changed to a picture and i installed
tweakUI and repaired the folder icon, but the picture is
still there. i also changed the folder options to see if
the picture was a hidden file but there wasn't any hidden
filed in the'my music' folder. i don't what else to do.
if anyone can help, thanks

-ahew
4 answers Last reply
More about music folder thumbnail changed

    Unable to remove the Thumbnail image for system folders in Windows XP?:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/folderthumbs.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "ahew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    my music folder changed to a picture and i installed
    tweakUI and repaired the folder icon, but the picture is
    still there. i also changed the folder options to see if
    the picture was a hidden file but there wasn't any hidden
    filed in the'my music' folder. i don't what else to do.
    if anyone can help, thanks

    -ahew
  2. This is the CORRECT solution:

    Removing and Replacing unwanted thumbnail image from System Folders in XP.

    Go to:

    My Computer
    Tools
    Folder Options
    View

    Then do the following:

    Mark - Show hidden files and folders
    Unmark - Hide protected operating system files
    OK

    Open the folder with the unwanted thumbnail image
    Delete image named "Folder"
    and MARK Hide protected operating system files

    If you wish to use a new image as the system folder thumbnail,
    paste the image into the folder,
    and rename the image to the word Folder

    Voila! :)
  3. Thank you...that has been bugging me since lord knows when.
  4. LOL and thank you BCB LOL

Configuration Music Microsoft Customization Windows XP