my music folder thumbnail changed!

October 10, 2004 12:57:14 AM

my music folder changed to a picture and i installed
tweakUI and repaired the folder icon, but the picture is
still there. i also changed the folder options to see if
the picture was a hidden file but there wasn't any hidden
filed in the'my music' folder. i don't what else to do.
if anyone can help, thanks

-ahew
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 4:26:21 PM

Unable to remove the Thumbnail image for system folders in Windows XP?:
http://www.winxptutor.com/folderthumbs.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"ahew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
my music folder changed to a picture and i installed
tweakUI and repaired the folder icon, but the picture is
still there. i also changed the folder options to see if
the picture was a hidden file but there wasn't any hidden
filed in the'my music' folder. i don't what else to do.
if anyone can help, thanks

-ahew
February 16, 2009 7:07:08 PM

This is the CORRECT solution:

Removing and Replacing unwanted thumbnail image from System Folders in XP.

Go to:

My Computer
Tools
Folder Options
View

Then do the following:

Mark - Show hidden files and folders
Unmark - Hide protected operating system files
OK

Open the folder with the unwanted thumbnail image
Delete image named "Folder"
and MARK Hide protected operating system files

If you wish to use a new image as the system folder thumbnail,
paste the image into the folder,
and rename the image to the word Folder

Voila! :)
August 6, 2009 6:22:31 PM

Thank you...that has been bugging me since lord knows when.
August 6, 2009 6:45:27 PM

LOL and thank you BCB LOL
!