Normal Idle temps for i3-2120?

Okay so it's been a over 2 weeks since I've put together my build. My cpu is a i3-2120 and my cooler is a hyper 212 evo and I've used the thermal that came with the cooler. During the first week I've seen low temps of 32-30 during idle and now it's usually hovering around 34-36. Is that normal? I expected it to stay lower as the thermal "broke in" or whatever lol. Also it's in a push-pull config, using the fan that came with it and a rosewill one. Also my case is a cooler master storm scout.
8 answers Last reply
More about normal idle temps 2120
  1. what is your ambient room temp?
  2. +1^
    Yes, you have to take into consideration the change in ambient air temp. But those are fine temps for the i3.
  3. Yeah I kind of was leaning towards the room temp because it has been getting hotter although it usually rains in Washington lol.
  4. idk what my ambient room temp is but outside it's about 60-66 degrees, not Celsius
  5. ...also, sometimes when you think it's idling, there may be processes going on in the background you're not aware of. A pgm like Core Temp will tell you the core temps and let you see what percentage of CPU usage is happening at the same time.
  6. your fine.
  7. Okay thanks guys! Technically all your answers are best answers but I can't choose that XD. Thanks again!
  8. nate_great said:
    Okay thanks guys! Technically all your answers are best answers but I can't choose that XD. Thanks again!

rinval was first to help . . .just saying )
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Components