Stuck....

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2012 1:27:25 AM

I have all my parts except the Video card, i know i want a gtx 580 but i cant seem to decide which version to get. There are just too many versions to decide. I want to run sli as well.

More about : stuck

a c 181 U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 1:40:50 AM

Give us your computer specs and which 580 you are thinking of getting and maybe me or other people will jump in and help you out.
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 2:01:30 AM

Also what monitor and resolution you are using.

Make sure you specify exactly what PSU you have.
Score
Related resources
January 11, 2012 2:30:13 AM

phenom II 965be
ga 990fxa ud3
8 gb mushkin blackline
nzxt Hale90 850w 80 plus gold
60gb corsair ssd
1tb WD caviar black hd
Antec kuhler h20 620 cpu cooler
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition white case.

I haven't made any decision as to which card yet which is why i turned to the forums for advice. I will be running it on either a 23 inch monitor at 1920 or on my 50 inch plasma
Score
January 11, 2012 2:36:12 AM

Also because i have a rather large side window on the case the look of the card has to be considered, I had looked at the asus cards (like the matrix) but i don't know if they would fit being that they are triple slot cards....
Score
a c 181 U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 2:41:26 AM

When you are saying version are you talking about the Vram? or just the brands? In either case the more Vram is good for higher resolution 1920 x 1200 above that and more than one monitor. Brands like the Evga for the Nvidia side with good life time warranties and good customer service.

I guess I am trying to second guess you but if what I have stated is not what you are fishing for then this info is still good to know.
Score
January 11, 2012 2:47:06 AM

Ya sorry about not being specific, i kind of meant both. The brands i have been looking at are primarily EVGA, ASUS, and MSI. The problem is they each have their own versions of the card, especialy EVGA. If i had to narrow it down i guess it would be down to the ASUS matrix, EVGA ds, and the EVGA sc with the blower.....
Score
a c 181 U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 3:05:43 AM

hiero2407 said:
Ya sorry about not being specific, i kind of meant both. The brands i have been looking at are primarily EVGA, ASUS, and MSI. The problem is they each have their own versions of the card, especialy EVGA. If i had to narrow it down i guess it would be down to the ASUS matrix, EVGA ds, and the EVGA sc with the blower.....

Evga is the one I like but with the over sized fan or the double fan's. I can't think of the name of that oversized fan. The cooling is a big part so the better the cooling the better the card will preform plus the life time warranty is a big plus. Good luck to ya
Score
a c 109 U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 3:47:35 AM

Why such low end parts ans such a high end gpu? Also why not try the 7970?
Score
January 17, 2012 11:47:42 PM

amuffin said:
Why such low end parts ans such a high end gpu? Also why not try the 7970?

Low end? Because every part didn't cost a fortune? I went with the nvidia 580 and my "low end parts" still get 40fps average on anything I play, thanks for the feedback though....
Score
a c 181 U Graphics card
January 18, 2012 12:24:53 AM

You know amuffin is right about getting the HD 7970. It is about the same price and it has a lot more eye candy. Unless you are like me. I like Nvidia and ever since I started using Nvidia I have had a good track record with them.

To this day I have never used a AMD card that I knew about. If I had to wait I would wait for the Nvidia Kepler when it come's out.
Score
!