Closed

Stuck....

I have all my parts except the Video card, i know i want a gtx 580 but i cant seem to decide which version to get. There are just too many versions to decide. I want to run sli as well.
10 answers Last reply
More about stuck
  1. Give us your computer specs and which 580 you are thinking of getting and maybe me or other people will jump in and help you out.
  2. Also what monitor and resolution you are using.

Make sure you specify exactly what PSU you have.
  3. phenom II 965be
    ga 990fxa ud3
    8 gb mushkin blackline
    nzxt Hale90 850w 80 plus gold
    60gb corsair ssd
    1tb WD caviar black hd
    Antec kuhler h20 620 cpu cooler
    Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition white case.

I haven't made any decision as to which card yet which is why i turned to the forums for advice. I will be running it on either a 23 inch monitor at 1920 or on my 50 inch plasma
  4. Also because i have a rather large side window on the case the look of the card has to be considered, I had looked at the asus cards (like the matrix) but i don't know if they would fit being that they are triple slot cards....
  5. When you are saying version are you talking about the Vram? or just the brands? In either case the more Vram is good for higher resolution 1920 x 1200 above that and more than one monitor. Brands like the Evga for the Nvidia side with good life time warranties and good customer service.

I guess I am trying to second guess you but if what I have stated is not what you are fishing for then this info is still good to know.
  6. Ya sorry about not being specific, i kind of meant both. The brands i have been looking at are primarily EVGA, ASUS, and MSI. The problem is they each have their own versions of the card, especialy EVGA. If i had to narrow it down i guess it would be down to the ASUS matrix, EVGA ds, and the EVGA sc with the blower.....
  7. hiero2407 said:
    Ya sorry about not being specific, i kind of meant both. The brands i have been looking at are primarily EVGA, ASUS, and MSI. The problem is they each have their own versions of the card, especialy EVGA. If i had to narrow it down i guess it would be down to the ASUS matrix, EVGA ds, and the EVGA sc with the blower.....

Evga is the one I like but with the over sized fan or the double fan's. I can't think of the name of that oversized fan. The cooling is a big part so the better the cooling the better the card will preform plus the life time warranty is a big plus. Good luck to ya
  8. Why such low end parts ans such a high end gpu? Also why not try the 7970?
  9. amuffin said:
    Why such low end parts ans such a high end gpu? Also why not try the 7970?

Low end? Because every part didn't cost a fortune? I went with the nvidia 580 and my "low end parts" still get 40fps average on anything I play, thanks for the feedback though....
  10. You know amuffin is right about getting the HD 7970. It is about the same price and it has a lot more eye candy. Unless you are like me. I like Nvidia and ever since I started using Nvidia I have had a good track record with them.

To this day I have never used a AMD card that I knew about. If I had to wait I would wait for the Nvidia Kepler when it come's out.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Product