Sign in with
Your question
Closed

CPU Temps

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 30, 2012 12:32:13 AM

Hey guys I've had my rig for about a year now and I was just wondering if having my CPU idle at around 38-40 degrees Celsius is too high. My main concern is that if it is too high that it will die prematurely and I will have to replace it.

When I run a game such as Starcraft 2 it maxes at about 57 degrees Celcius, which seems a bit high, especially if I want longevity out of it.

The CPU is a i7 960 Bloomfield @ 3.2 Ghz. No OC. My heatsink is a Thermaltake Frio.

More about : cpu temps

a b à CPUs
June 30, 2012 1:24:14 AM

nlichtner said:
Hey guys I've had my rig for about a year now and I was just wondering if having my CPU idle at around 38-40 degrees Celsius is too high. My main concern is that if it is too high that it will die prematurely and I will have to replace it.

When I run a game such as Starcraft 2 it maxes at about 57 degrees Celcius, which seems a bit high, especially if I want longevity out of it.

The CPU is a i7 960 Bloomfield @ 3.2 Ghz. No OC. My heatsink is a Thermaltake Frio.

Thou your idle temps seem a bit on the high side, (remember that the idle temp will be affected by your room temp) your load temp is just fine. That CPU could run 24/7 at that load temp and is still within Intels specs. and should easily last well over the 3 years that it is warranted for.
Score
June 30, 2012 1:27:06 AM

arthurh said:
Thou your idle temps seem a bit on the high side, (remember that the idle temp will be affected by your room temp) your load temp is just fine. That CPU could run 24/7 at that load temp and is still within Intels specs. and should easily last well over the 3 years that it is warranted for.

One more thing, what are the highest load temps that would be alright and would allow it to last the 3 years? So anything past 57?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
June 30, 2012 1:37:29 AM

Well, according to this link it has a Tcase temp of 72.7C as the highest temp Intel tested it for that 3 year warranty.

So I think your good to go my friend. :sol: 
June 30, 2012 2:17:13 AM

Best answer selected by nlichtner.
Score
June 30, 2012 2:18:09 AM

Thanks man! :) 
Score
a b à CPUs
June 30, 2012 8:34:50 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!