Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Cases
  • Thermaltake
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
March 15, 2012 10:36:55 PM

hi. I currently have a haf 912 case. Within a month, 2 front case fans started to rattle periodically. I was wondering if front case fans break faster? This also happened twice in my thermaltake v3 case. The rear exhaust and top fans never have this problem.

thanks! :hello: 

More about : front case fans break faster

a b B Homebuilt system
March 15, 2012 10:45:26 PM

Never noticed if the fans in the front die faster. I service 100s of desktops in the office, some have intake only fans, most have exhast only fans. Fans die when they die.

Seems like an odd coincidence to me. I hope other people chime in because now I wonder.
m
l
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 15, 2012 10:56:07 PM

I have noticed that intake fans tend to die a bit quicker, they usually run at a higher rpm.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
March 16, 2012 12:07:06 AM

Whether it is Intake or Exhaust does not matter. What matters is the load on a fan, and that is determined by the CFM and the air pressure differential (Upstream - Downstream).
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 16, 2012 12:29:31 AM

hmm. i noticed both of my cases have filters on the front. does that make the front fans work harder thus dying faster? (the rear and top have holes and no filter)
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 16, 2012 12:35:10 AM

computernewb said:
hmm. i noticed both of my cases have filters on the front. does that make the front fans work harder thus dying faster? (the rear and top have holes and no filter)

Yes! Filters will increase the back pressure (the fan will have to work harder).
m
l
!