Solved

Please Help With Some CPU decisions

Hi all,

Im currently running a Phenom x4 965. I really need to upgrade my mobo to get some additional features I had to forgo when i originally built my computer for fiscal reasons. I'm perfectly happy with the 965 atm, i dont ever seem to max it out and fps in the games i play is fine, but with needing a mobo upgrade I am hesitant to buy a really nice am3+ with the current crop of processors amd has being such subpar performers. That being said does anyone have some fresh info on Piledriver? I would be happy to wait for PD to upgrade CPU if i could expect decent performance vs. intel, or would i be better served just upgrading to intel which would definitely be more expensive but with more long viability? Also I will be using my current mobo to make a build for a friend and need help picking a the best cheap CPU for am3 socket. I will be using discrete graphics but are the current llano chips better than the phenoms? To any who persisted through my wall of text i thank you and look forward to your responses!

Cheers!
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about please decisions
  1. Best answer
    Don't expect too much from Piledriver, Steamroller may add some noticeable values.
    If you upgrade to Intel now, you'll see a 50% or more improvement over your current Phenom II.
  2. Best answer selected by gity69.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs