Sign in with
Your question

Running BF3 with a 7990 at 2560x1440...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2012 7:41:54 AM

How would that work out? I know they're not out yet, but someone can probably give me an accurate estimate based on the card specs. After finding out about these magical monitors that support extreme resolutions (that also have very limited information and discussion about them), I think I would like to get one for the build I'm saving up for.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=computer+monit...

Also, one other question. Again, I can't seem to find a lot of information about gaming at this resolution. From what I've read, DVI and HDMI do not support this resolution, at least not at the full framerate.. so if I get a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter, will that work at 2560x1440 with full framerate potential? (because the display has a regular one and the graphics card has/will most likely have a Mini one) I'd imagine that it works, because somehow these cards have to out that resolution and DisplayPort is the best option.

Thanks.
a c 88 U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 7:47:22 AM

No one knows how its gonna work to give you an accurate estimate, you just have to wait and see for the specs to be released at the least.
Use your imagination , if a 7990 is two 7970 gpus, then look at the performance of two 7970 in crossfire and it should be relatively similar.
m
l
January 11, 2012 9:00:55 AM

monsta said:
No one knows how its gonna work to give you an accurate estimate, you just have to wait and see for the specs to be released at the least.
Use your imagination , if a 7990 is two 7970 gpus, then look at the performance of two 7970 in crossfire and it should be relatively similar.

Oh, that makes sense since it's basically like two 7970's. Thanks.

And the Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort connection will be able to handle 2560x1440 @ 60hz, right?
m
l
!