Sign in with
Your question

Driver Problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2012 6:07:59 AM

Hello everyone, I am not the greatest with computers but i make it by somehow, but i ran into a problem i just cant seem to grasp, I was aware of a driver problem in my system, Things clued me in like the computer freezing whenever Advance system care would do a Disk scan etc. I Googled as anyone would in desperation before having spending money, but i cant get it.

The problem that arising is whenever i load up Dragon Age 2 for the pc i would make it a good 3 minutes into gameplay before it would freeze and i would get the error "display driver stopped responding and has recovered " and underneath it would say "display driver amd driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium, Hp G62 notebook Pc,
AMD Phenom(Tm) II N850 Triple Core Processor 2.2 GHz
4 GB of Ram
And a 64-bit Operating System

Hopefully someone will know whats wrong because im a student and cant afford such expenses, Sorry for my Grammar :)  Thank you

O and If im in the wrong Category, which i most likely am, i am truly sorry

More about : driver problems

January 11, 2012 6:23:12 AM

You are in the wrong category :) 

However, download MSI Afterburner (compatible with almost all graphics cards) and check the temperature of your graphics chip when the game crashes. If that is below 90°C, try increasing the core voltage (carefully!) and try again until it works.

This is likely not a driver issue, but a heat/voltage problem.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 7:45:52 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Graphics & Displays by Pyree

Try another driver.
m
l
January 24, 2012 2:21:29 PM

Frequency44 said:
You are in the wrong category :) 

However, download MSI Afterburner (compatible with almost all graphics cards) and check the temperature of your graphics chip when the game crashes. If that is below 90°C, try increasing the core voltage (carefully!) and try again until it works.

This is likely not a driver issue, but a heat/voltage problem.

You are a hero to me thank you lol
m
l
!