High Idle temps on i52500k

So I am having fairly high stock idle temps and I am a little worried, I have a 212+ cooler and my CPU is not over clocked, and using CPUZ to make sure it's idleing at 1600 and I am still getting 37-40c across the 4 cores which just seems way to high. I did not personally mount the CPU cooler as I bought the computer from NCIX and they built it before shipping mainly because I am not comfortable doing it.

I am not sure if this is normal and I am fairly concerned.

7 answers Last reply
More about high idle temps i52500k
  1. What is your room temp?
  2. It is possible that the program is wrong so have you compared with BIOS or tried a different program like maybe Coretemp or Speed fan?
  3. rolli59 said:
    It is possible that the program is wrong so have you compared with BIOS or tried a different program like maybe Coretemp or Speed fan?

Speedfan reads exactly the same

Quote:
    What is your room temp?

About 23 degrees, however the computer is under the desk in a sort of corner that the desk has built in to hold it, I have it pulled about half a foot from each side of the corner to let air in.
  4. your realtemp screenshots not at idle

its 8% load and at 2600mhz so those temps arent as bad as they look

the minimum shown is 36c to 38c --that would be at 1600mhz

whats load temperatures?
  5. mcnumpty23 said:
    your realtemp screenshots not at idle

its 8% load and at 2600mhz so those temps arent as bad as they look

the minimum shown is 36c to 38c --that would be at 1600mhz

whats load temperatures?

So I let it sit overnight on balanced power option instead of performance (what it was on before) and it went to sleep which I usually have turned off and ended up showing the minimums you see below when I woke it up, then I let it sit for 5 minutes and checked again and it was what you see in this screenshot.

Does this look okay?

6. Oh yeah, that looks great. :)
  7. thats fine

my 2600k just came out of sleep

min 21c max 28c

in realtemp
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling