Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrey1690

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Hello,

I've been using my laptop (MSI A6200) and My 51 in Samsung plasma (model PN51D450A2D) to view movies and online streaming via HMDI ports for some time now. I had to replace the HDMI cable i usually use and since then when i connect them the picture and sound quality has degraded. The picture on my laptop shows fine but on the tv there's red lines and red snow around some of the images. Also the sound comes in and out. I've tried using different HDMI cables and adjusting the graphic settings on my laptop but nothing works. Any suggestions?

Solution
Sounds like the cable/connector is loose from use (inserting/removing). You might put a VERY small piece of tape on the cable end to make it fit more securely in the port, but that needs to be done very carefully so you don't stuff something deep in the port and damage it permanently. You could also try finding a cable that fits better.

I am not sure you have a bunch more options as the HDMI port is integrated into the motherboard.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like the cable/connector is loose from use (inserting/removing). You might put a VERY small piece of tape on the cable end to make it fit more securely in the port, but that needs to be done very carefully so you don't stuff something deep in the port and damage it permanently. You could also try finding a cable that fits better.

I am not sure you have a bunch more options as the HDMI port is integrated into the motherboard.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.