Sign in with
Your question

ATI hd 6670 problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2012 11:50:38 AM

So i bought recently this hd 6670 (2 weeks ago ) And i tested some games that need high system req to see if this card will run them . I got Battlefield 3 , set it at ultra with few settings off , ran well about 30 fps , then skyrim max settings , around 35-40 fps , Assassins creed revelations same highest settings , above 35 fps.
Now i stoped playing skyrim for few days and when i got back into it , game was running with 7 fps when i turned all to medium it got 13 fps IDK why this happened . Same to ASsassins creed all max running very very slow , its unplayable , below 15 fps
Please help me .. ah and btw , i overclocked the video card with msi afterburner and kombustor everything went very well , video card never got above 50c and all games went well after overclock . But when i stop playing one for few days , when i get back its unplayable.

Intel core 2 duo e7500 2.93 ghz overclocked to 3.2 ghz
2 gb ram
550 psu

More about : ati 6670 problem

a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 12:19:57 PM

Ummmm.....you didn't mention your monitor resolution which is the most important factor when it comes to FPS......

There's no way a 6670 and C2D are going to run BF3 at Ultra, only Low.

Your computer barely meets the MINIMUM system requirements for BF3.

A 6670 is a very low end card, not sure what your expecting.

January 11, 2012 1:21:00 PM

My screen resoulution is 1280x1024 . And if i get in BF3 with gamebooster , set to ultra without shadows and 3 more settings low , and leave others up to ultra like texture and others it runs with 32 fps, i overcloked my videocard , got fps and got average of 32 fps after overclock with shadows and those 3 down , Now my problem isnt that , its that after i ran skyrim and assassins creed on max , now it runs with 7fps .
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 1:27:02 PM

At such a low resolution, all the load is on your cpu, that's your problem.

That card is made to run more like 1680x1050 and higher. At that resolution most of the load would be on your gpu.

Either way, you barely meet the minimum requirements to play the game and you surely don't have enough ram to play any modern games.
January 11, 2012 1:31:37 PM

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
BARELY meets minimum ? it sayshere minimum is ati radeon 3870 , at least 512 mb , i have 1gb GDDR5

And what about the rams , do u think if i put 2 more gb , it will run smoother? And i was thinking on buying 1920x1080, Would u recomand me to buy it?
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 1:49:49 PM

I think you should set your card to default settings, set the game setings to lower values and see what your frame rates are. If they improve increase the game details till you are no longer happy with the game performance. Then if you want over clock a bit and see if the games improves. If it does not, then you can assume you are cpu bottle necked and not gpu. Also, Skyrim and other games depend on the internet connection for smooth play. If your isp or connection to the game servers is somehow suffering, the fps will drop. Not all instances and location in game play the same. You may have advanced in Skyrim to an area your system has difficulty playing. As to your ram issues, Skyrim is more gpu/system ram dependent than gpu. I assume you are running a 32 bit version of Windows. It will not address over a theoretical 4 g of ram. The os also sees the video memory as part of this limit. Yes adding 2g more ram will improve the performance of the entire system but may not solve your game issues. During the time you stopped playing did you install any other programs, download files from torrents or other web sources? Have you run any virus scans? Last please list in detail the hardware and software you have in your system, it will help to understand what may be going on.
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 1:54:08 PM

Your ram and cpu BARELEY MEET THE MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUREMENTS. M-I-N-I-M-U-M!!!!

Your talking about ULTRA SETTINGS?

Honestly, for the games you want to play at 1080p, you need a whole new computer, gpu and monitor included.
January 11, 2012 1:55:39 PM

I will post a full spec of my pc in 1 hour , sry for delay . And yes i did install other programs ,i downloaded movies from torent . I am really curious what might cause this , and well to be serious i tested crysis 2 few hours ago , on hardcore running very very fine, dx10 and i have 2gb ram . And when i get on assassins creed revelations i get under 10 fps , Anyway i will reinstall drivers and post full spec when i get to my pc . Thank you
January 11, 2012 2:05:03 PM

Man , How can u tell me i barely get M-I-N-I-M-U-M?! these are minimum bf 3 system/req
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.

Core 2 Duo 2.4 ghz. My cpu is better than minimum - Intel core 2 duo e7500 2.93 -overcloked to 3.2ghz
Ram 2gb - i have the minimum
Graphic card : ATi radeon 3870 i have ati radeon hd 6670 1gb GDDR5

I have between minimum -medium req but yes i talk about ultra texture and few others at ultra, If i turn off Shadows , blur , AA and idk the rest I play at 32 fps avrg , i wont lie to myself , AND plz i made this post to know why my pc will run games under 10 fps ,after i ran those at 35+ easily . Plz
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 2:25:11 PM

Your running a measly 1280x1024, that makes your cpu work much harder and therefore put's you below the MINIMUM.

You also know that your 6670 is slower than an old 4770 right?

There's no way you were getting that kind of fps.

Your too hard headed, I can't help you anymore.
January 11, 2012 2:34:11 PM

I am sorry but I told u , i don't need u to tell me my , system req is low , but why i used to ran games fine ,(skyrim , ACR) , and now i run games under 10 fps , Sry for that , But i am really pissed because of this crap vc
January 11, 2012 2:42:06 PM

Agreed you barely meet the minimum specs.... yes your CPU is slightly better than the minimum, so you are still in the minimum range(not even close to medium)... your not running a quadcore @ 4ghz... and your RAM is minimum... besides those 'minimum requirment's aren't taking into account background processes.

So what you should do is run the game and go check what your CPU usage is, as well as, you RAM usage.... if they are both MAXED(which they will be)... then check to see if you have some other programs running that are using those resources. Kill the programs and re-run the game.... see if it helps get you a few more FPS...

When you say ultra settings, your not at ultra settings because you are dropping other settings to the lowest value... so you can't say you ran on ultra... My PC is a Core i5-750 @ 3.0ghz with 12GB RAM and a 5770 video card.... I barely run BF3 at HIGH getting 30-50FPS... Skyrim is at High as well... I am running at 1080 res... and my CPU is just about maxed....
January 11, 2012 2:48:43 PM

Ok , in 20minutes i get to pc , will unninstall drivers and watch the cpu usage while ingame and close the other programs aswell .
Thank you
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 7:32:57 PM

i think its the ram
a c 191 U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 7:51:56 PM

The fact that it used to run a lot better than it does now seriously discounts any claims that the OP's system is too weak to play. If 32FPS is unacceptably low to you, fine; the OP could have been getting a mere 20FPS, considered it acceptable, and wants to know WHY THE DROP.
OP, something about your system has changed. The fact that you've downloaded torrents suggests the possibility of a malware infucktion. Scan your system carefully.
Personally, I think at your resolution that a HD6670 should do a pretty decent job of playing those games. Turn down only those options that load the CPU, like draw distance; see if that matters, and recall if you might have adjusted it. If you let the game(s) autodetect your hardware and suggest settings, is there any improvement? Let us know what your scans turn up, if anything.

Edit: I'm not saying that adding RAM won't help, but unless something is now taking up RAM that was not before, the amount of RAM available is not relevant. The amount available should not have changed from what was there when he was getting 3x the FPS he is now.

Edit2: Could something be causing your system to be running hotter now than it was a few days ago? Thermal throttling could certainly have slowed it down. For example, did you install the GPU, play with the case open, then only close it up after you saw it was running well? If that is the case, you may need more airflow through your system. Make sure your case fans create some kind of flow, e.g. low front to high back.

a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 8:44:41 PM

Right, that's why I asked if he has downloaded any new programs (replied yes-torrent movies=pirated=chance of virus) and if he has run any virus scans (no reply). So maybe if Ray will be a bit more responsive and less pissed off we can move on and try to solve this issue.
a c 191 U Graphics card
January 11, 2012 9:33:58 PM

DogSnake, you seem to be the only other person on this thread who has a clue about the problem the OP is facing.
Ray, please try not to get too pissed off at the others. At least some of us are interested in addressing the real problem.
January 12, 2012 1:22:41 PM

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
System Manufacturer: Gygabyte
System model : G31M-ES2L
Procesor Intel core 2 duo CPU e7500 2.93ghz
Memory 2048MB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6670 Sapphire 1gb GDDR5 OC

I ran antivirus scan 3 times , nothing found , just 1 error , fixed and same , registry defrag and other tons of programs deep care like advance system care , Gary utilities (or glary idk)

Well , i don't think it's about the overheating of either the CPU or GPU , because I overcloaked my videocard and only 2 games started running low after 1 week , 2 out of 15 i play , like crysis bf3 dmc cod mw3 and 2 and many more , so if this would be heating problem i think all would go low or something

I overcloaked my cpu aswell , but the problem appeared before OC'ing the CPU , i oc'd it to see if my cpu was bottlenecking my gpu so i could give it a push up , but all stayd same so i downcloaked it to default

Yes i did download some movies meanwhile

And when school starts i will get money regularly , and i will be aiming for another 2 or maybe 4 gb of ram soon enough , And jtt283 , i dont think settings to auto will fix anything , because ACR runs very laggy even on lowest graphics except max resolution .

I talked with one of my friends that is IT engineer , told him but he told me he first need to take a look at my pc to tell me EXACTLY , but in short terms he told me if i reinstall windows could fix this aswell , as it was one year since i last reinstalled it .

Thanks in advance . And sry for what i did in previous posts

January 12, 2012 1:44:09 PM

jtt283 - he said he installed some programs as well, which could be eating up more RAM/CPU than before....

Only 2 out of 15 games run worse? Have you tried re-installing them? Have you tried putting their in-game graphics settings to default... like just High, or medium...

Did you look in your Driver to see if some settings got changed... it gives you the option of 'application controlled'.... remove that check mark and make the graphics card set all games to one setting.... see if that helps.

Did you get any updates... both for the games/windows/drivers....?

I AM trying to help him.... if I wasn't then I wouldn't post anything.

I still have no response from my previous post.........
January 12, 2012 2:08:17 PM

I was thinking what should i write , i mean i have nothing else , i reinstalled the drivers , checked for programs running in backround , which are only antivirus , deamon tools , and the ati catalyst control center .
CPU and GPU temperatures are fine ..

I am downloading a ACR 1.01 patch , to see if that wil fix my issues ,

And what do you mean by OPENING the driver? And i will reinstall the games too , and tell you if anything cahnged
January 12, 2012 2:15:49 PM

Like... go into your ATI Catalyst Control Center. Sorry.... didn't mean driver... stupid me.

Did you check to see how much CPU and RAM usage while in-game? I use a Windows 7 side bar utility, and my keyboard also shows it...
January 12, 2012 2:34:37 PM

Ok i checked the about of cpu and ram usage in ACR . CPU average usage is 57% and ram is 550,484 while in-game
January 12, 2012 2:54:28 PM

I was curious how much fps i would get in BF3 on high . So i set to HIGH and got avrg 22fps on kaffarov mission . and BF3 has WAY BETTER graphics then ACR , and in ACR with max i got under 20 , there must be something blocking the game ...

Btw i installed the 1.01 patch and nothing changed
!