Sign in with
Your question

My computer's compatibility

Last response: in Components
June 30, 2012 4:26:55 PM

Ok i'm about to buy my computer and this is kind of a last second reassurance that my system will work, these are my specs:

CPU- Intel 2700K Quad core

Graphics- Gigabyte GTX 670 factory overclock

ram- Corsair vengeance (4x4 16GB)

MOBO- Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3

DVD-RW- LG GH24NS90 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM

HDD- Western Digital caviar Black 2TB

OS- Windows 7 Home premium

I was hoping for thoughts and a compatibility check, from the lovely community here.

Thanks Frustrated n confused

More about : computer compatibility

June 30, 2012 4:39:46 PM

Looks good to me, although if you plan to OC, I recommend getting a Hyper 212 Evo and some low profile RAM (the Vengeance might not cause much of a problem depending on how close the RAM slots are to the CPU socket, but with low profile RAM, you'd be safe no matter what). The high heat spreaders on the Vengeance are just there for show anyway.
m
l
June 30, 2012 4:51:34 PM

though could save £30 or so by getting a 2600k instead of 2700k

only 100mhz difference and if overclocking that wont matter anyway

and if its only for gaming save more and get a 2500k
m
l
Related resources
June 30, 2012 5:07:49 PM

yeah i will think about it i probably wouldn't like to go below the 2500K i'll probably just get the 2600K thanks for the input :D 
m
l
June 30, 2012 5:10:35 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Looks good to me, although if you plan to OC, I recommend getting a Hyper 212 Evo and some low profile RAM (the Vengeance might not cause much of a problem depending on how close the RAM slots are to the CPU socket, but with low profile RAM, you'd be safe no matter what). The high heat spreaders on the Vengeance are just there for show anyway.

sorry i didn't mention it in my Specs but i have a Hyper 212 on my list anyway hahaha i will probably keep the Vengeance Ram because i have a side panel window on my corsair Obsidian 650D and would like to see the Blue pretty ram :D  The way my Heatsink is setup up it will face the back of the case where the exhaust fans are and will not effect the RAM in any way thanks for the info greatly appreciated
m
l
!