Sign in with
Your question

Would this be the best graphics card on a budget?

Last response: in Components
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
June 30, 2012 7:19:17 PM

You're not telling us what a "budget" is.
June 30, 2012 7:32:19 PM

amuffin said:
You're not telling us what a "budget" is.

Means I need to spend not too much on it.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
June 30, 2012 7:34:38 PM

6670 is the most power GPU that wont require a pcie power connector. It gets all its power from the pcie slot. It will run most games on low to medium setting depending on the resolution you use.

I would suggest the 6850 for a few L more if you have a power supply with a pcie connector. A decnt 300w+ power supply would run a 6850 if you have enough ampoerage on the gpu rail (<10a)

If you have to upgrade the PSU to run the 6850 then its probably not worth the expense.
June 30, 2012 8:27:06 PM

popatim said:
6670 is the most power GPU that wont require a pcie power connector. It gets all its power from the pcie slot. It will run most games on low to medium setting depending on the resolution you use.

I would suggest the 6850 for a few L more if you have a power supply with a pcie connector. A decnt 300w+ power supply would run a 6850 if you have enough ampoerage on the gpu rail (<10a)

If you have to upgrade the PSU to run the 6850 then its probably not worth the expense.

Would this type of power supply be OK http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/powersupp... for it because i'm building the pc it's not bought components yet
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
June 30, 2012 8:47:27 PM

a store brand would not be recommended.
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
June 30, 2012 8:56:49 PM

Novatech Powerstation used to be made by OCZ and were decent PSU's. I've no idea if they still are thou. If you're worried about the PSU then theres the corsair cx500 for a few L more but Novatech has a decent reputation for honoring their warranty.
!