Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair AX 1200 clicks and no power start

Last response: in Components
June 30, 2012 7:26:18 PM

I just got a new ax1200 corsair PSU after I RMA'ed the last one I had. I'm debating whether or not I got a second bad PSU. I get a click when i try to turn it on and it looks like the fan is about to start moving then nothing (and it's like a mechanical or electrical stop to the fan not a it starts up and slows down). This is the exact same problem the last PSU had and the only reason I doubt that they gave me the same PSU is I sent it with a different box not the one it came with.

Is there something specific that has to be done with this PSU or is it possible that I was given another PSU with the same problem?

Best solution

a c 111 ) Power supply
June 30, 2012 7:30:24 PM
June 30, 2012 7:39:14 PM

Is there another way to do that without requiring a molex to 2/3 adapter cause I don't have one. Every case fan I have needs that. I can test it with no load which I've done and it worked just like the last one but that doesn't do me any good since I can tell it doesn't work with my other parts. And I've tested my parts with another PSU and it works fine.

Better yet, how about this. I have a Xion 1000W PSU. I'm upgrading from this PSU because I recently purchased 2 nvidia GTX 680 4GB graphics cards to upgrade from my 2 nvidia GTX 570 graphics cards. Is it necessary for me to get a new PSU or will my 1000W PSU hold that load? I'm just concerned that my new graphics cards will kill that PSU after some time.
m
l
Related resources
June 30, 2012 7:55:19 PM

Best answer selected by BlackTestament7.
m
l
June 30, 2012 7:55:24 PM

Ok then, sorry for wasting your time amuffin. I guess this PSU really doesn't like my extra PCI-E cords. I'm now only using the ones from corsair. I've never seen this with another PSU but I guess corsair is like this. Thanks for the help anyway.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 2, 2012 7:44:18 PM

Quote:
I guess this PSU really doesn't like my extra PCI-E cords. I'm now only using the ones from corsair. I've never seen this with another PSU but I guess corsair is like this.

Do I understand correctly that you were using PCI-e cables from another PSU with the AX1200?
m
l
!