Solved

Corsair AX 1200 clicks and no power start

I just got a new ax1200 corsair PSU after I RMA'ed the last one I had. I'm debating whether or not I got a second bad PSU. I get a click when i try to turn it on and it looks like the fan is about to start moving then nothing (and it's like a mechanical or electrical stop to the fan not a it starts up and slows down). This is the exact same problem the last PSU had and the only reason I doubt that they gave me the same PSU is I sent it with a different box not the one it came with.

Is there something specific that has to be done with this PSU or is it possible that I was given another PSU with the same problem?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair 1200 clicks power start
  1. Best answer
  2. Is there another way to do that without requiring a molex to 2/3 adapter cause I don't have one. Every case fan I have needs that. I can test it with no load which I've done and it worked just like the last one but that doesn't do me any good since I can tell it doesn't work with my other parts. And I've tested my parts with another PSU and it works fine.

Better yet, how about this. I have a Xion 1000W PSU. I'm upgrading from this PSU because I recently purchased 2 nvidia GTX 680 4GB graphics cards to upgrade from my 2 nvidia GTX 570 graphics cards. Is it necessary for me to get a new PSU or will my 1000W PSU hold that load? I'm just concerned that my new graphics cards will kill that PSU after some time.
  3. Best answer selected by BlackTestament7.
  4. Ok then, sorry for wasting your time amuffin. I guess this PSU really doesn't like my extra PCI-E cords. I'm now only using the ones from corsair. I've never seen this with another PSU but I guess corsair is like this. Thanks for the help anyway.
  5. Quote:
    I guess this PSU really doesn't like my extra PCI-E cords. I'm now only using the ones from corsair. I've never seen this with another PSU but I guess corsair is like this.

Do I understand correctly that you were using PCI-e cables from another PSU with the AX1200?
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Fan Corsair Power Components