Graphic Card / Monitor Issue? (35' run)

I recently re-modeled my entertainment center and decided to include my computer (case) within the entertainment center. My desk will be approximately 15 - 18' away from the entertainment center, but if I run the cable along the wall, etc... it will be 34' from my graphics card to monitor.

That said, before I re-modeled my new (updated) system ran great, or displayed very well - no issues. After remodeling, I decided to use a DVI/Ethernet adapter because of the distance. Specifically, GVE200 from I/O Gear.

After turning on the computer the first time, it seemed to work fine for the brief time I was on the computer. The second time however, I noticed small red dots flickering on the the monitor when I was on Yahoo's home page - in certain areas. Then, after about 5 minutes the Monitor started to flicker on/off, as if it was choking. It wanted to display, but could quite get there...?

Any ideas what the problem could be? I plan to try a long DVI/HDMI cable I have - running it direct across the room (15 - 18') and see if the same problem exists. But, I thought I'd ask in case someone has experienced the same problem.

As a note: I spoke with I/O Gear, and they recommended I make sure the settings are 60 Hz on the Monitor, and 1920x1200. Which, I am positive I am within those limits - maybe.

Here is my current system:
Windows 7
Graphics Card 560 Ti
I5 Intel
Motherboard Gig GA-Z68XP-UD3
Monitor Samsung Syncmaster 225BW
1 answer Last reply
More about graphic card monitor issue
  1. So to clarify the dots that you see and problems are on the monitor at your desk and not the tv or are you useing the monitor as the tv now , I'm not too sure of what your setup is.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Monitors Graphics