PC connected to HDTV with HDMI Cable Problem?

RandomPhil86

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Hello guys I hope somebody can help.

I have a PC that i have just connected up to my HDTV http://www.backoffice.be/prod_uk/Sa...23r71w_23_dquote_lcd_tv_widescreen_720p_-.asp

I am trying to use the resolution it states on that specification however this makes the desktop go wider then the screen. I try lower to 1280x720 and same results, the only one that seems to fit is 1176x768. Why is this?

My graphics card is an Asus NVidia GTX 560 Tii - 900Mhz Overclocked Edition.

Thanks

Where are you making those adjustments , on the monitor or in the Nvidia control panel and your saying that the 1366x768 is not working right for you. How did you connect the tv by HDMI or DVI. Have you set up the tv in the Nvidia control panel and made the correct screen adjustments.

RandomPhil86

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Yeah that resolution doesn't give right size either.

I been changing the resolution in the Nvidia control panel. It's connected with HDMI cable as stated above. (Mini HDMI port on card converted to a normal cable then plugged back of the HDTV.

Using HDMI the only option the tv allows you to change size wise is 16:9 or 4:3

When you go into the Nvidia control panel what does it say for the Display under Adjust Desktop Size and Position. Does it show the correct display model and brand and what does it say is the native resolution. Under the size tab are you able to adjust the desktop to fit the display like the option states. It says it is suppoesed to allow you to resize the desktop.

RandomPhil86

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

Well, It recognises its a Samsung but nothing else. As you can see from this picture it says my native is supposed to be 1280x720p but as you can see it does not fit.

& I cant see this resize option anywhere? The customize option just lets you make your own resolution. Which comes up with a warning saying I could damage my TV using it, so I didnt try.

IMG_0498.jpg

In the picture if you look at the left column the option that is highlighted is above the one I was refering to . If you select the option that says "Adjuust desktop size and position" , that is where you can adjust the desktop to fit the screen.

You are currently in "Change resolution ".

Kari

Splendid
with amd drivers you have an option to adjust the over/under scan on HDMI output when connected to an HDTV, Would make sense that nVidia has similar option available in the control panel somewhere...

RandomPhil86

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

Thr one underneath is "Adjust colour settings" & there's no resize option there.