paging file

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I keep getting a message to say my paging file does not
exist or is too small. I follow the instructions exactly
going into System - Advanced - settings etc. and change
the initial and max. file setting and restart my pc and
still it does not recognise the change and says that my
paging file is 0mb.
Does anyone know a way around this?

One should set to, "Let windows manage" then the trick is to click
set 2X,then close-out.If performed a correct change,a restart will be
prompted.For in-depth details on the Page file,go to search at microsoft.com,
type: Paul Mcfederies He wrote the book.

"ken" wrote:

> I keep getting a message to say my paging file does not
> exist or is too small. I follow the instructions exactly
> going into System - Advanced - settings etc. and change
> the initial and max. file setting and restart my pc and
> still it does not recognise the change and says that my
> paging file is 0mb.
> Does anyone know a way around this?

Hi

Please have a look at the following article by Alex Nichol:

"Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

ken wrote:
> I keep getting a message to say my paging file does not
> exist or is too small. I follow the instructions exactly
> going into System - Advanced - settings etc. and change
> the initial and max. file setting and restart my pc and
> still it does not recognise the change and says that my
> paging file is 0mb.
> Does anyone know a way around this?

Be sure and click on " set" after you make the change.
Elementary I know, but easily overlooked.

--
Don Burnette