Swapping from a DF-85 to a HAF X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noidis

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Alright so the short of it; I've got some parts floating around and am planning to buy a case to just put together another machine. Currently I've got my main rig inside of an Antec DF-85, and a second machine practically busting out of an Antec 300.

Due to the nature of one of my cases being too small for my setup my logic was to buy a HAF X and either A) Place the secondary components into it, while using the 300 for the new machine I plan to build... or B) If it's a better case overall to swap everything from the DF-85 to the HAF X and then move the 300's components into the DF-85.

Unfortunately I've no idea what would be better, nor do I know how 'compatible' my setups are with the HAF X. I also have had a rather smooth and clean experience with my DF-85 and don't *need* to change it up save for because I enjoy the process of constantly upgrading.

So what would be the best choice?

Upgrade my main rig from the DF-85 to the HAF X, in turn upgrading the second rig from the Antec 300 to the DF-85, and putting the new machine in the 300.

or

Keep main rig in DF-85, put second rig from 300 into HAF X, and put new machine into 300?

Or some other case suggestion for the same cost or less than the HAF X?

Looking mainly for opinions and suggestions as I'm not sure what is best for keeping my components cool.

Main rig:
i7-2700k
Asus Z68 mobo
Corsair H100 CPU cooler
EVGA GTX 680 GPU
2 HD's
4 SSD's

Second rig:
i5-2500k
Asus P68 mobo
CM Hyper 212+ CPU cooler
2 EVGA GTX 560 ti GPU's
1 HD
2 SSD's

New rig:
i5-3570k
MSI P68 mobo
Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler
1 EVGA GTX 460 GPU
1 HD

I just listed what I figured factored most into size issues. If any other info is needed let me know.

Solution

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

Keep main rig in DF-85, put second rig from 300 into HAF X, and put new machine into 300?

i would probably go with this option,but will the noctuna cooler be suitable for the antec 300 case?..basically i would put the systems you use the most in the better cases,the HAF X and the antec DF-85

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.