Sign in with
Your question

New build/builder Reboot and select proper booting device Please help

Last response: in Systems
March 17, 2012 1:32:37 AM

Ok first off my motherboard is reading that i have my dvd/cd drive and my intel ssd 80gb for my OS plugged in. i tried to burn windows 7 enterprise on a cd and use it for my OS but i think either my dvd drive cant read it because it can read my motherboard drivers or i didnt burn it right.

SO??? iam a new builder and all i need is windows 7 and my build is all set.

I go to my bios and go to EZ mode to select boot drives and i put my Dvd drive first then my ssd 80gb and then ill reset it and it will go to a black screen and say Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in slected boot device and press any key. Is it telling me that because it cant read the cd thats in my dvd drive because iam sure my dvd drive is working and its reading my ssd. Do i need a real copy of windows 7?

Please iam so lost:( 

I hope you guys can help.

My specs are Asus- maximus iv gene z
Cpu-i5 2500k
Psu- Antec 750w high current gamer
Cpu cooler- V6 GT
Ram- 8gb g skill
Case- NZXT Phantom 410
ssd- intel 320 series 80gb
hdd- WD 500gb
Dvd/cd- lite on
March 17, 2012 1:41:03 AM

pirated copy wont work and you wont get help for
m
l
March 17, 2012 1:49:31 AM

ohhh well i threw it away ima buy windows 7 ultimate but hey can someone please help me? my pc is reading my ssd/hdd and my dvd drive and it still is haveing problems booting? do i need a OS?
m
l
Related resources
March 17, 2012 2:07:59 AM

Is it normal to have this message" Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in slected boot device and press any key" pop up when trying to select your boot drive and install a OS.
m
l
March 17, 2012 2:13:01 AM

you need to have a cd in the cd/dvd with a os ,the restart to boot from cd/dvd drive and install os to ssd
m
l
March 17, 2012 2:16:43 AM

Ok....... so it wont pop up if i have a windows 7 cd is my dvd drive and your saying when i do have a OS install it on my ssd?
m
l
March 17, 2012 2:21:31 AM

then if you have a os on ssd then ssd must be first boot device
m
l
March 17, 2012 2:23:46 AM

RedChief6 said:
do i need a OS?

naw, you don't need an os...

... oh! you mean you want to run programs on your computer? Then yes, you need an OS. Go buy Win7 Home, or use win8 CP until you can afford a proper copy of windows. Otherwise there are several great versions of Linux out there.
m
l
March 17, 2012 2:38:38 AM

alright:)  thanks guys.... but still why does the black screen thingy pop up and it saysReboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in slected boot device and press any key. what could that mean? iam pretty sure my ssd is good and hdd and dvd drives good because they show up in my bios
m
l
March 17, 2012 2:52:10 AM

alright:)  thanks guys.... but still why does the black screen thingy pop up and it saysReboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in slected boot device and press any key. what could that mean? iam pretty sure my ssd is good and hdd and dvd drives good because they show up in my bios
m
l
March 17, 2012 2:58:14 AM

if you dont have a os on ssd then the system could not find it you have to install one
m
l
March 17, 2012 3:13:03 AM

sweet ok thanks man you did a great thing today the man upstairs gots your back
m
l
March 17, 2012 3:58:22 AM

Is ACHI enabled in bios?

Also, this is less a problem with intel drives than sandforce, but you may want to stick the ssd in a working machine and flash the latest firmware.
m
l
!