Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Diablotek PSDA600

Last response: in Components
Share
July 1, 2012 12:05:46 AM

Hi there. Now, I was just wondering about the performance of a Diablotek PSDA600 600 Watt power supply. I'm asking this of anybody with prior experience with one of these, and have already seen reviews. Mine is on its way, because I decided to chance it. Seems as though the PSDA600 gets mixed reviews with people saying they die easy, and reviews saying its worked long and strong for 2 years + and kept tones of power through the system without fault. Some say its noisy as , some say its nice and quiet. I don't really need a response based on reviews you have found, I am only looking for a personal opinion on one you have had experience of any kind with. Thanks! :kaola: 

More about : diablotek psda600

July 29, 2012 6:52:57 AM

thedeathclox said:
Hi there. Now, I was just wondering about the performance of a Diablotek PSDA600 600 Watt power supply. I'm asking this of anybody with prior experience with one of these, and have already seen reviews. Mine is on its way, because I decided to chance it. Seems as though the PSDA600 gets mixed reviews with people saying they die easy, and reviews saying its worked long and strong for 2 years + and kept tones of power through the system without fault. Some say its noisy as , some say its nice and quiet. I don't really need a response based on reviews you have found, I am only looking for a personal opinion on one you have had experience of any kind with. Thanks! :kaola: 


I've had one for 5 months in a TD barebones with Asus MB, AMD 6 core and a low end Zotac graphics card. First impression was the unit felt very light for a 600w supply.
One of the small fans has started growling on power-up but quietens after a minute. Like many others I found, Diablo did not reply to a warranty claim request so if you want a cheap power supply with no warranty, go for it. Personally I'm going to change it out before it blows up the processor MB or worse. Some PSU reviewers say avoid all Diablo supplies.
:( 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
July 29, 2012 7:39:24 AM



diablotek is a horrible company that makes horrible products, it is most likely missing all its protections such as over current, over volt, and whatnot, and probably cant even hold what it is rated for on the side sticker, which usually puts more into the 3.3 and 5V rails which are much less used, and take away from the very populated 12V rail

i would for sure get rid of it before it dies and possibly takes somthing with it
m
0
l
Related resources
August 3, 2012 2:28:53 PM

I just replaced the dreaded Diablotek with on OCZ modXstream pro 600w from Direct Canada which will cost $37 if I get the rebate. The OCZ is way heavier and whisper quiet. I should have done this sooner.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 248 ) Power supply
August 3, 2012 3:12:04 PM

Diablotek has a history of bad power supplies.

I maintain the PSU Lemon List. Several of the Diablotek psu's made the list:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/power-supplies/psu-lemon-lis...

Scroll down to the Diablotek section and you will see brief summaries why the psu's made the list. You can also follow the links to competent technical reviews that uncovered the problems.
Share
a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2012 6:50:33 PM

JohnnyLucky said:
Diablotek has a history of bad power supplies.

I maintain the PSU Lemon List. Several of the Diablotek psu's made the list:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/power-supplies/psu-lemon-lis...

Scroll down to the Diablotek section and you will see brief summaries why the psu's made the list. You can also follow the links to competent technical reviews that uncovered the problems.


0.0 looks like just about everybody made the list... lol, even unknown brand made the list
m
0
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
August 3, 2012 9:36:47 PM

nna2 - Corsair, SeaSonic, and XFX don't have any psu's that qualify for the PSU lemon List.
m
0
l
August 4, 2012 1:27:33 AM

JohnnyLucky said:
Diablotek has a history of bad power supplies.

I maintain the PSU Lemon List. Several of the Diablotek psu's made the list:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/power-supplies/psu-lemon-lis...

Scroll down to the Diablotek section and you will see brief summaries why the psu's made the list. You can also follow the links to competent technical reviews that uncovered the problems.


Thanks. Your recommended list factored in picking OCZ & so far I'm pleased with the product. The reduction in fan noise in itself was worth the change. I'll hang onto the diablotek as an emergency spare.
m
0
l
August 5, 2012 4:11:36 PM

Jeez..sounds freakin scary.. o_o.. wierd though, my PSDA600 has been powering my desktop for about 1 month now, which has a C2D overclocked to 3.40GHz from 2.66GHz (E6750), and an AMD Radeon HD 6770 overclocked to 930MHz core. Everything runs fluently and stable. Also, its not the worlds QUIETEST power supply, but with the computer RIGHT beside my bed as I type this (the monitor is sitting on my headbnoard), from my Antec Nine Hundred's 3 120mm fans, 1 200mm big-boy fan, an internal additional 120mm fan, my GPU's 100mm fan, and the 2 120mm fans on my coolermaster hyper 212+ AND the two diablotek 80mm fans, all i hear is a very light whirring. Hell, the loudest fan on my desktop is the bottum front Antec one because the drivebay is empty and the noise echoes off the inside. Maybe the reason my PSDA is running so well is because one of the front fans is blowing air directly at it, cooling it down while the 2 80's in the diablotek are also pushing air out. No tto mention, the Diablotek in this case is bottum-mounted, and heat rises which would lead me to believe that maybe many causes of problems with this PSU is overheating from being top-nounted, and sucking hot air into the psu and spitting it out. Maybe? :p  but i like it so far. Cable management was a friggin nightmare, but some black tape and sorting of the wires cleaned that right up. Also, the main power connector is slightly short, but its long enough thati could bring it up over my massive GPU and snap it into place with a little bit of slack. Love that picture, by the way.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 5, 2012 5:53:44 PM

thedeathclox said:
Jeez..sounds freakin scary.. o_o.. wierd though, my PSDA600 has been powering my desktop for about 1 month now, which has a C2D overclocked to 3.40GHz from 2.66GHz (E6750), and an AMD Radeon HD 6770 overclocked to 930MHz core. Everything runs fluently and stable. Also, its not the worlds QUIETEST power supply, but with the computer RIGHT beside my bed as I type this (the monitor is sitting on my headbnoard), from my Antec Nine Hundred's 3 120mm fans, 1 200mm big-boy fan, an internal additional 120mm fan, my GPU's 100mm fan, and the 2 120mm fans on my coolermaster hyper 212+ AND the two diablotek 80mm fans, all i hear is a very light whirring. Hell, the loudest fan on my desktop is the bottum front Antec one because the drivebay is empty and the noise echoes off the inside. Maybe the reason my PSDA is running so well is because one of the front fans is blowing air directly at it, cooling it down while the 2 80's in the diablotek are also pushing air out. No tto mention, the Diablotek in this case is bottum-mounted, and heat rises which would lead me to believe that maybe many causes of problems with this PSU is overheating from being top-nounted, and sucking hot air into the psu and spitting it out. Maybe? :p  but i like it so far. Cable management was a friggin nightmare, but some black tape and sorting of the wires cleaned that right up. Also, the main power connector is slightly short, but its long enough thati could bring it up over my massive GPU and snap it into place with a little bit of slack. Love that picture, by the way.


here is a homework assignment for you, try to set off over current protection

oh wait... it's probably missing
m
0
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
August 5, 2012 6:02:03 PM

nna2 said:
try to set off over current protection

Highly unlikely with his specs
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 5, 2012 6:04:08 PM

delluser1 said:
Highly unlikely with his specs


true, but either way it's most likely not there anyway :p 
m
0
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
August 5, 2012 6:05:15 PM

nna2 said:
here is a homework assignment for you, try to set off over current protection

oh wait... it's probably missing


ROFLMAO :lol: 

I've also read a couple of technical reviews of psu's were the OCP was set too high. The psu's blew before OCP could kick in. :ouch: 
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 7:58:13 AM

Cant tell if dissing my system or if its hard to set off overvoltage protection. 6770 is fairly beefy, and the cpu and ram are all overclocked pretty good.
m
0
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
August 6, 2012 12:53:29 PM

Not "dissing" your system
Those specs could easily run on a 350 watt psu, a crappy 600 watt being able to run them is not impressive
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 6, 2012 5:59:52 PM

^a good 350W psu would probably be the better choice though
m
0
l
a c 110 ) Power supply
August 6, 2012 6:19:47 PM

Probably could have gotten a quality 400W for the same price.
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 9:37:28 PM

Best answer selected by thedeathclox.
m
0
l
!