I am a newcomer to the forums. I have a bad feeling my GPU is dying so I am looking to replace it this week. I wanted to see what the community suggested. I have read a lot of the threads here but I am concerned with compatibility issues.
Here is my spec:
1. AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGIBOX
2. Antec Sonata III 500 Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply
3. Foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
4. G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory (8GB)
5. Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
I assembled the computer a couple of years ago so I am concerned that anything I buy now might not be compatible with the above.
I have always used Nvidia so that is my preferance but as I said the cards are on the same level but I would choose the 560Ti over the 6950 and the cards do require a minimum 500w psu to be in the computer so you should be ok.