ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

When the supplier installed Windows XP Home on my machine
they setup a user as OEM. Is there a way I can change
this to my name rather than the OEM.

Absolutely! Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Change User Accounts; make
your changes there.

"Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When the supplier installed Windows XP Home on my machine
> they setup a user as OEM. Is there a way I can change
> this to my name rather than the OEM.

I changed the OEM name to Ray but when restarting the
machine it still asks me to login as OEM even though I
changed the User name.

kelly

Hi Ray,

Change Registered Owner and Organization (Line 7)

Change Computer Name (Line 109)

Change My Computer Name to User Name (Line 131)

How to change the company name and user name in Office XP programs
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290528

How to Copy a User Profile
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_logon.htm

HOW TO: Create a Custom Default User Profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q305709

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When the supplier installed Windows XP Home on my machine
> they setup a user as OEM. Is there a way I can change
> this to my name rather than the OEM.

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| I changed the OEM name to Ray but when restarting the
| machine it still asks me to login as OEM even though I
| changed the User name.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421
How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in XP

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151
How to Copy OEM User Data to a Ray User Profile

After you determine that Ray User Profile functions
correctly, you may delete OEM User Profile.

TRENDING THREADS