Status
Not open for further replies.

waynec121

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Hey guys,
So I have a Corsair 300R case and I am trying to hook up the power led, hdd led, reset button, ground, etc. cables to my motherboard. My mobo is the Asrock z77 extreme4. However, what I am curious about is how the orientation of these cables is supposed to be. There is an arrow on one side of each of the cables. Does that mean that, that side is positive or negative? I just want to make sure they are hooked up right and I didn't see any documentation indicating which side is which on the cables.

Thanks! Overall I love the case though!

Solution
The markings on the cable typically face outwards. It only matters for the LEDs though, the power and reset buttons are just switches so their orientation doesn't matter. If the LEDs don't work, just rotate them

Ohmybad

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
i dont remember exactly what the positive/negative looked like, usually the solid color is the negative and one with any kind of indicator is positive.

if it doesn't work the first time swap them and try again. first time i did it my reset was power and power was reset... whoops...

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
The orientation of the front panel connectors only matters on the Power LED and the HDD LED wires. The rest of them will work either way because they are just switches. Just make sure to connect them to the correct pins.

Just hook them up and assume that the arrow is the positive pin. Then power on the PC using the power switch. If the Power LED and HDD LED on the front panel light up then the pin orientation is correct otherwise you will need to reverse the Power LED and HDD LED wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.