Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can the AMD Radeon 7970 play....

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 12, 2012 12:46:24 AM

triple screen on triple screen (5960x1080) on games like BF3 smoothly

yes or no?
30FPS?
50FPS?
70FPS?
more!?(i don't think so, but.... idk)

edit:
looks like i solved this thing, it does play BF3 at 40FPS OC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWZho_Jdx9M&feature=mfu_...

More about : amd radeon 7970 play

January 12, 2012 12:54:52 AM

doubt it lol, today i installed one in my brothers comp, and his got 40-60 fps with everything on ULTRA at 1920x1200 very smooth gameplay. i doubt it will be able to keep up with that resolution.
m
0
l
January 12, 2012 1:04:48 AM

i dont want a hypothesis, i want some facts, that will confirm or not the theory,
m
0
l
Related resources
January 12, 2012 6:54:06 AM

5T34LTH said:
i dont want a hypothesis, i want some facts, that will confirm or not the theory,



Thats exactly what norV gave you!Or did he need to draw pictures for you?
m
0
l
January 12, 2012 1:23:57 PM

BTW, you would get better frames rates in single player than in Multiplayer. so keep that in mind. Though u might get 28 fps in single player, in a 64 conquest large game it might get lower.
m
0
l
January 12, 2012 4:33:48 PM

Earnie said:
Thats exactly what norV gave you!Or did he need to draw pictures for you?


an hypothesis is something you think about that makes sense to you, in your mind, like for example, from what i see i think the earth is flat, but you never saw the end of the planet and you think theres one, but its not true, you dint even go and look for the end of the world, why would you think the earth is flat? cuss in your brain every thing falls down and it would not make sence if it dint, end why does the world has to end? cuss your brain cant imagine infinite, exactly like why a computer can only count to a serten number

my point, he made a conclusion without prof, he dint saw the frame rate decrees when going from 1 screen to 2 screen, he dint had a calcule, he probably dint know that you cant just split 60FPS by 3 and get a good respond(meaning 20FPS) so he went from his brain not supported by any evidence, the only one he had was the original one screen which we know works at what speed(60FPS)

he had a good solution of think that way, from what he knew, but from what i knew i could of made the same answer, but i wanted more prof

basically i thx him for the try, but if you dont exactly know, you should not guess, well i less tell that your guessing if you do(he kinda did yes)

i would of liked it if he would of draw me a picture ;D
m
0
l
January 12, 2012 4:50:02 PM

norV said:
BTW, you would get better frames rates in single player than in Multiplayer. so keep that in mind. Though u might get 28 fps in single player, in a 64 conquest large game it might get lower.


thx for the though, do you know how much fps you get comparing in single player to multi.... if not well im gonna do it tonigh, i never though i had a big difference, we will see i guess

btw, he had 40FPS, meaning that if he goes from playing single screen at over 60FPS and then going down to triple 40FPS, if you ad about 30 moving player(even do players shoots less then IAs) you should not go down another 20FPS, he showed the single screen mode and it used about 1gb of graphics memory, using 3 other screens does surly not use 2 other gigs, so meaning that we should be far from unsing it all even in triple scren, for the graphics power im gonna oc it a bit like he did, not much, only a bit

i think the card has the juice, but i would need to see the difference from single to multiplayer on a graphics card, he says it makes a difference, but how big? i dont think its huge, but i could be wrong
m
0
l
January 12, 2012 5:09:32 PM

inzone said:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-7970-crossfire-...

This benchmark is done with one screen and not three so it looks like the 7970 is getting 47 fps so triple monitors will bring that down a bit.


looks to me like they dont have 1080(close but not exact)
but from what i saw in the review, the guy was playing it 40FPS triple screen
it must be cuss threes 3GB of GDDR5..... meaning that the 7990 should be able to have 6GB :)  but out of subject
m
0
l
January 12, 2012 5:42:00 PM

well it does have 3gb vram so that wil help with the high res as for your fps maybe not on ultra on lower settings you should be able to get 30fps althought i wouldnt no as this is a new card so i wouldnt be sure.
m
0
l
January 12, 2012 6:33:16 PM

I played BF3 at that resolution on crossfire 5850s, on medium settings with 45+ fps. A 7970 should be able to handle it at high, maybe no AA (with FXAA though), with Ultra textures since it has so much VRAM.
m
0
l
January 12, 2012 6:54:06 PM

newbie1337 said:
well it does have 3gb vram so that wil help with the high res as for your fps maybe not on ultra on lower settings you should be able to get 30fps althought i wouldnt no as this is a new card so i wouldnt be sure.



we still dont know the difference from single to multiplayer on BF3, but i got a link up there, hes testing every thing about the card, so go check his youtube channel up

but you should get a better FPS in a few weeks since the drivers and games are not really ready for this card yet



if its actually 30FPS..... stable..... it should be good but it still might be higher then that....
m
0
l
January 12, 2012 8:11:57 PM

ill check out 3 monitors later tonight, havent had time yet, ill compare both.
m
0
l
January 12, 2012 9:00:51 PM

OK, well in multiplayer with that resolution, 3 monitors, ULTRA gets around 20-27 FPS, HIGH in the 30-39, MEDIUM 38-49. depending on the action. personally on ultra it wasnt great but its playable. high and medium is a great playing experience. For the single player, its about the same just a few FPS more, but on ULTRA on single player it stays in the 20's and again its decent but id prefer a little higher, so setting it to HIGH made it really smooth and fun to play. sry if i just jammed all that info like that. hope that helps
m
0
l
January 13, 2012 1:39:07 AM

norV said:
OK, well in multiplayer with that resolution, 3 monitors, ULTRA gets around 20-27 FPS, HIGH in the 30-39, MEDIUM 38-49. depending on the action. personally on ultra it wasnt great but its playable. high and medium is a great playing experience. For the single player, its about the same just a few FPS more, but on ULTRA on single player it stays in the 20's and again its decent but id prefer a little higher, so setting it to HIGH made it really smooth and fun to play. sry if i just jammed all that info like that. hope that helps


.... you would like to just lay out the system specs for this benchmark?

ok, so there's almost no difference from single to multilayer for what we saw from this test, meaning that it should not make much of a difference when where using our 7970, the biggest difference is gonna go for the online delay and lag you get cuss you have to past thru KM of internet cables
m
0
l
January 13, 2012 3:03:19 AM

core i7 950 4.0ghz
Asus P6X58D Premium
6GB RAM
7970

i have 150mbps down and 65mbps up, and 4 ping to the server i was playing on. im very picky about framerates and how smooth my game runs and it actually runs really great, great card.
m
0
l
!