Solution

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) @ 50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

The Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2...

serenatous

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011

Yes its a great psu.

OCZ
Corsair
Sesonic
Antec
Enermax
XFX
Cooler master
Cougar

some brands that i could think of that are great companies

Didn't we go through this yesterday or the day before http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/339617-28-suggestions#t2572844 lol yes that PSU you linked this one is fine http://www.amazon.com/Series-Bronze-PSU-550W-OCZ-ZS550W/dp/B007I5A64K/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341139195&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=OCZ++550W+Modular+Power+Supply a word of advice stop trying to skimp on your PSU it is a very important part of your PC, as it can bring your PC to life or take it out ( just keep that in mind )

The corsair CX 600 would be more than enough ;)

For a system with a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti NVIDIA recommends a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply with a minimum +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and with at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Select from reputable name brands like Antec, Corsair, Seasonic and XFX and you will be ensured that the all important +12 Volt continuous current rating requirement is met.

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) @ 50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

The Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2 (CMPSU-500CXV2), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 34 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti.

Solution

Thermaltake's various Tough Power series are the only ones I would, maybe, consider. Although only certain models that have undergone a test review by a reputable review site are the ones I would evaluate.

I would stay away from the Lite Power series because the shorter than industry average warranty serves as an indication of its expected reliability. Their combined +12V continuous current capacity is also less than that of a reputable name brand PSU of the same wattage, hence the series name Lite Power.

TRENDING THREADS